Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Felling Like Electricity Shooting In Head

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I am having sensations of electricity running through the top of my head. It starts at the middle top and runs to my forhead. I have reaccuring headaches but never the electric sensations. When I go to the doctor they only want to treat the symptems and never try to figure out why. I have had MRI's and Catscans and neither show anything. The last time I had one my left arm and left leg went numb. Please help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 8th, 2007
Me Too
When you find out, let me know please... I have been experiencing the same sensation. Except the electric jolt goes through my right side of my head and I feel like I'm going stiff from the pain. It only lasts for about 10 seconds then it goes away. I have no idea what brings it on or why. It's been happening for the past few weeks now.
|

replied January 26th, 2009
Head Pains
I've been getting pain in the right-side of my head frequent recently. kind of a sharp electrical pain that starts somewhere behind my temple and shoots back. Before this all starts I get a gradual throbbing pain that increases to a pressuring point and then I feel the sharp shooting. I generally can feel it start and tell how long it's going to last. it used to start and last only minutes- now it's hours. any suggestions?
|

replied February 14th, 2009
Electric Pain
Hi All,
I have experienced electric pain in my right wrist and just learned that high uric acid levels in the blood could cause electrical pains. Apparently, a simple blood test can detect this.
I hope this is helpful.
Respectfully, Gaiyah
|

replied March 23rd, 2009
Electric pain in the head
Ok, so I'm feeling very frustrated and desperately need help! I get these headaches that I can only describe as "electrical jolts" in my ears and the back of my head that last for way longer too long. Each time its always in a different location. It was so bad January of this year, that I ended up in the ER. My doctor told me that it's perhaps frayed nerves and that I should take Vitamin B supplements. It was too incresible. Last weekend, I had another episode which lasted from Friday night and the whole of Saturday. And Nope the Percocet did not work!!!! Does anyone can similar symptoms.
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2009
Are you withdrawing from Cymbalta or Pristique (sp?)
|
Users who thank beth1954 for this post: Sanctuarie 

replied June 29th, 2009
So this has happened to me once in my 5 months of headache/muscle tension/migrane pain. i went to a neurologist and he said that it has something to do with the nerves of your neck. i was having pain in my neck so i rubbed it to get releif when all of a sudden a shooting pain went up into my head. He said i could go get a shot to relax the muscles and nerves of my neck . it might work for you. i havent done it yet, but it seems like a good idea.
|

replied September 13th, 2009
I have the same problem, no pain, but every few minutes, I feel like these electical jolts running through my head to my tongue. It's almost like the sensation when you hit your funy bone, and it goes all the up through you & you feel it in your tongue? Not as strong, but really really often, like every 5 minutes I get 1 or sometimes 2-3 in a row lasting a second or less. REALLY annoying.
And same thing, I've had mri's & ct-scans that show nothing.
|

replied September 13th, 2009
electrical jolts in my head & upper body
I have what I can only describe as electrical jolts in my head. They used to happen every so often, maybe once or twice a day, but now it's up to every 5 minutes or so, sometimes just one, but lately, I've been getting 2 to 3 in a row, each lasting just a second or less. There is no pain with it, but really annoying, and can't concentrate anymore.
I've had mri's & ct-scans that show nothing.
Sometimes it feels like it's going through my whole upper body. Kind of like when you hit your funny bone, and it goes all the way up through your body & head & you can feel it in your tongue.
There is no external movement or shake or anything, it seems to be just completely internal. Like an inside-out tick.
HELP!!
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2011
I know this is a very old thread, but the reason I asked about Cymbalta is that I had the same thing. Another group that I visit calls them Brain Shocks. Surf around a little bit and you will be able to find out more about them. It might take awhile for them to go away. But you are NOT going crazy! I had the brain shocks, plus when I walked (especially on a smooth floor like at a grocery store) I felt like I was walking on ice and had to be careful not to slip! I know--that's kinda freaky!
|

replied September 22nd, 2011
I GET THE ELECTRIC SHOCKS IN MY HEAD FOR BOUT 5 SECONDS, I PUT IT DOWN TO BEING STRESSED :/
|