Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Ankle And Knee Problems

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
About 6 months ago or so I tore the ligament in my ankle playing basketball im only 14 years old but the year b/4 I had a different problem with my ankle and was on crutches for about 3 to 4 months and told myself I would never be on them again, so when I was playing basketball I went to do a layup and somthing happend to my anckle I couldnt get up alls I could do was roll on the ground screamin and cryin my choach came over and he asked me if I could put my anckle down and I tryed but the second I touched it to the floor it hurt so bad it made me cry and scream harder, so he went and got our school nurse and took me to the nurses office she wrappend it in an ace wrap with a icepack under it, and within 2 mins the ice pack was already warm and she got another one to keep it from swelling to bad, I still remember me telling myself I was never goin to be on crutches again so I forced myself to walk b.C I also didnt want to go home b.C I was affraid that my mom would yell at me (we r not close at all) and the one person who was close to me was a teacher but she wasnt allowed to leave the school with me b.C I was not her child or under her custity. I made it through the day but just limping, grinning and barin the pain, I was going to my friends house after school to go shopping so I didnt want to let her down so I never told my mom that day or night wut had happend and by the time I told her my anckle was almost the size of 1 1/2 softballs! I finally had to show my parents after almost 48 hrs I could barley stand the pain. I couldnt get into a doctor for about a week so I just suffered and my choach knew wut had happend but I didnt have a note sayin I couldnt play so he made me keep on playin. I was takin 1000 milligrams of ibprofin and it was doing nothing for me. I took physical therapy for a month and forced myself so hard that I never told anyone that my exercizes were hurting me pretty bad!!! From tearing my anckle could that have something to do with my sever knee pains? I asked the doctor but he seems to be to busy to pay any attention to me when I was about cryin with pain when he moved it and pressed on it! Someone please answer me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 7th, 2004
My you have a lot of problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Jules23
I just saw your post, gosh I hope you are doing better! You should at least try to sit down and talk to your mother I know crutches are ucky but they are better than having more problems later! Get to a doctor! Back off the ibuprofen it can really hurt your stomach and then you will have more problems, remember when you have pain it tells you something is wrong!

Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied April 9th, 2004
Thanks I am goin to the doctor so its all good im hoping he can do something for me and im no longer on ibprofin I take regular pain killers. I just had xrays done this past week to see if anything is broken!
|

replied April 15th, 2004
Went to the Doc
I went to the doc yesterday and he said I prolly have patella tendonitus nothing serious but I have to have an mri incase something else is wrong
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal