Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Strange Period. Less Than 3 Days Almost ..weird Color..

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
my history: non cancerous cyst removal outside left ovary last year. Periods usually regular for a few months and then changes to a different time/week etc. of the month. Almost always VERY heavy the first couple of days and lasts 5-7 days. Health generally good- gym and eat well/ Since last week have been taking Duromine and lost 3 kgs. Am not underweight, am not over either. Just in the healthy BMI range. Period was fine last month. Though this month has seen me with ALOT of stress at work.

Got my period a couple of days ago- On the 1st day= end of the day when checking- it was very dark- almost black looking (although i did have the same pad on the whole day) and seemed dry almost. The next day, had normal period color although not much (As if i was nearing the end of my period). 3rd day- a couple of spots of blood. today- nothing.

What do you think???? I get paranoid easily so just need to check!

THanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 13th, 2007
and ive never been on the pill either
|

User Profile
Supporter
anom_gal wrote:
and ive never been on the pill either

Are you having unprotected sex?
How old are you?
|

Especially eHealthy
Sometimes weird periods happen. Could you be pregnant? It's probably nothing.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Re: Strange Period. Less Than 3 Days Almost ..weird Color..
anom_gal wrote:
(although i did have the same pad on the whole day)

I wouldn't recommend using the same sanitary pad all day long. That is not great hygeine. The box recommends that you change it about every 3-4 hours. They aren't meant to be used like a blood diaper.
|

Especially eHealthy
When you're not bleeding heavily, it's hard to want to change the thing since it's molded itself to the shape of your crotch and it's finally comfortable. I've done it too.
|

replied September 14th, 2007
25 and not sexually active..

im not too worried as i have been stressed as the last month - mentally and physically with the work that i do ... anyway i'll see next month. thanks for the reply!
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2007
Supporter
anom_gal wrote:
25 and not sexually active..

im not too worried as i have been stressed as the last month - mentally and physically with the work that i do ... anyway i'll see next month. thanks for the reply!

Stress can cause variations in your cycle....
That's probably what it is.
|