Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Can Hpv Cause Abdominal Pain?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Ive had abdominal pain, diarrhea and weight loss for 6 months with low grade fevers and fatigue. I've been diagnosed and treated for a C Diff infection as well as Mono, and am being seen to explore an immune problem. I'm an otherwise healthy active college student!
In the past week, I've had non-tender, hard enlargement of my inguinal nodes bilaterally and more on the left, so I checked, and seem to have a rampant case of HPV skin tag like lesions up to my cervix. They are not visible at all from the outside, but the outer area is red and swollen. The pain in my lower pelvis is worse than ever, but I've not heard of HPV being linked to Pelvic inflammatory disease, and my PCP doesn't think they are related, and I should wait out this virus?
Is there something to test for besides visual inspection of the site to dignose HPV for sure, because I'm worried it could be something else to cause this intense pain and flu like symptoms. The lesions themselves are painless, so perhaps a co existing infection?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Can Hpv Cause Abdominal Pain?
kc28 wrote:
Ive had abdominal pain, diarrhea and weight loss for 6 months with low grade fevers and fatigue. I've been diagnosed and treated for a C Diff infection as well as Mono, and am being seen to explore an immune problem. I'm an otherwise healthy active college student!
In the past week, I've had non-tender, hard enlargement of my inguinal nodes bilaterally and more on the left, so I checked, and seem to have a rampant case of HPV skin tag like lesions up to my cervix. They are not visible at all from the outside, but the outer area is red and swollen. The pain in my lower pelvis is worse than ever, but I've not heard of HPV being linked to Pelvic inflammatory disease, and my PCP doesn't think they are related, and I should wait out this virus?
Is there something to test for besides visual inspection of the site to dignose HPV for sure, because I'm worried it could be something else to cause this intense pain and flu like symptoms. The lesions themselves are painless, so perhaps a co existing infection?

Your symptoms sound to me like they come from the mono and not from the hpv. Now I would be worried about the hpv skin tags on the cervix.. What was the pap smear results?
|

replied September 14th, 2007
Well you may be right, my Gyn wasn't sure my family doc was right about it being HPV, but I have to wait at least 2 more weeks for the result from the Pap.
The inguinal lymph swelling and pelvic pain is new in the last week, and Mono was diagnosed in early June. I don't know where to go from here, the pain is getting worse and I have a fever of 100-102. Should I just get on antibiotics without a clear source of infection? (I'm a little fearful of overdoing the antibiotics for nothing)
|