Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Whenever I don't get much sleep, I feel like I am shaking!

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hello,

I am too scared to go see a doctor about this, and my mom is telling me it is nothing, but I am not convinced. Whenever I don't get much sleep, I feel like I am shaking a little bit whenever I perform certain actions. It isn't significant shaking, as it is hard to see, but it is there. I feel it. It happens when I do certain gestures with my hands. This shaking happens when I do certain actions that require close attention to detail. Sometimes I feel it in my head too, and in other parts of my body.

Also, and I am not sure if this is related, but I've had trouble going to the bathroom. This has always been a problem for me, but now it hurts sometimes when I pee. Sometimes I pee too much too. Also, whenever I try to go to the bathroom, I feel a pain in my upper abdomen.

Could these instances be related? Any help is appreciated. I'm really scared! So try to be positive, haha.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2007
Supporter
Hi Sweetie! Me Fairy*godmother
Not sure how old you are, but could you not go to a family physican by yourself? If you were my daughter and really felt something was not right, I'd take you in a minute. You could very well have a bladder or kidney infection or something minor, but the two things together the "shaking" and bathroom details doesn't sound to me like its connected. I am not a doctor, but I'd beg my parents to find me someone to talk to about it. Laughing
|

Re: Hi Sweetie! Me Fairy*godmother
Fairy*Godmother wrote:
Not sure how old you are, but could you not go to a family physican by yourself? If you were my daughter and really felt something was not right, I'd take you in a minute. You could very well have a bladder or kidney infection or something minor, but the two things together the "shaking" and bathroom details doesn't sound to me like its connected. I am not a doctor, but I'd beg my parents to find me someone to talk to about it. Laughing

Thanks. The shaking is weird though. It is very hard to perceive, and is only noticeable even to myself when I am performing really odd movements with my hands or tilting my head in some really weird way. Is that at all normal?

Btw, I am only 20.. I'm too young to die! Sad
|

iwasblueonce wrote:
Fairy*Godmother wrote:

Thanks. The shaking is weird though. It is very hard to perceive, and is only noticeable even to myself when I am performing really odd movements with my hands or tilting my head in some really weird way. Is that at all normal?

Btw, I am only 20.. I'm too young to die! Sad

oh, and my mom is a nurse.. she thinks the shaking has to do with not sleeping right. But I did sleep right for about a week and I still felt the shaking. Today I feel it, but I only slept 4 hours last night (and 4 the night before).. meh.. college is rough
|

Especially eHealthy
iwasblueonce wrote:
...I am only 20.. I'm too young to die! Sad

You are not dying. Although having death anxiety is very common at your age.

If that is your only symptom, your mom is probably right.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
You know what....your not going to die! Very Happy

So new subject...
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! I get it also. Are you taking any medication? Because when i start a new bc i get like that if i get up in the middle of the night, or right before i got to bed. Not saying that only bc will do that to you. Taking any medication on an empty stomach can usually cause these symptoms too! I haven't thought anything of it myself....but if your having a hard time with this....go see a dr. They can always explain or help you understand whats going on. Hope you get that solved...GOOD LUCK! Smile
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hi
You're not gonna die..............my Mother is a nurse too, cept I took her license this past year so that she will retire.....she's 71 now! BUt, you know your body better than anyone. Not trying to be disrespectful, but if yo ufeel soemthing is not right, then you should have it looked into. I'd want to know what this was in case if should develop into something else..........not saying it will but why take a chance? Uncontrollable shaking is a neurological thing. Its not caused from not gettting enough sleep...I am not in the medical profession, but I do know that. Not getting enough selep makes one groggy and lethargic, not shakey or light headed. I ma proud you are in school....... Laughing Feel free to PM if you'd like!
|

replied October 13th, 2009
Whenever I don't get much sleep, I feel like I am shaking!
hmm i see you guys havnt written anything here, but i want to say i got the same symptoms, i mean i sleep only 3-4 hours every night for 1 week now, and sometimes my right foot gets kramps, i have also notice that i sometimes get trouble with speaking, or if i am out walking i all of a sudden get alittle confused and i have to stop and sit down, and other times when i have been sitting and watching tv for 30 mins it can happen that i get blind for 5 seconds.

I have been searcing alot on google to find answers, but only answer i get is brain toumor. But i dont think i have that, because i am 17 year old.
|