Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Orange Phlegm And Sore Throat

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Two days ago the left side of my throat got sore. Now both sides, and I'm spitting orange phlegm. Looking at my throat with a flash light, the only visible symptom is redness. If this sounds familiar, please let me know.
Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 7th, 2010
yuck
I've got the orange phlegm & sore throat, plus headache and dizziness...
seeing as though you posted this a long time ago, would you be able to tell me what was wrong/ if it went away
|

replied November 5th, 2010
I've got that right now; the doc says it's strep throat or something similar, and prescribed penicillin.
|

replied February 4th, 2011
ive got it - had painful tonsil (right one) and im used to having a swollen spotty tonsil for few days regularly then its better for a while (doc told me its viral) olny then my whole throat was sore and other tonsil swelled up -both dont seem to bad now and throat not really sore (it was sore for a good 5days) -3 or 4 days after the throat got bad i had rattly chest, breathing bad 1 night and 1day and coughing nasty chesty cough - horrible taste in mouth when i cough - coughing up pleghm but it goes back down i dont get a chance to see it or get it out til today when i got some on my tongue so i wiped it off and it was orangey gold - i never seen anything like it before. been a bit dizzy on and off for few weeks -mainly when i get up from sitting down -even if i get up slowly. off to doc in a few hours. just hope they give me something for it
|

replied October 23rd, 2012
Any news?
excuse me, i have the exact same thing. did you find out what it is? Thanks
|

replied October 23rd, 2012
sorry too long ago cant remember - probably got told it a virus -thats my gps answer to most problems
|
Quick Reply