Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pregnancy: Is it normal to not show at 16 weeks?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Neutral not sure what to do i have not really started showing yet i am 16 weeks and i cant tell and no one else seems to be able to either i dunno if thats because i am still getting sick or if something is wrong. i am starting to get worried that there is something wrong as well i go back to the doctor on the 27th for and u/s so should i wait and see what he says then or should go ahead and go see what is going on?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 10th, 2007
Experienced User
don't worry about not showing. sometimes it can be 6/7 months before a woman starts to show. your belly is most likely to start showing some time in the next month, but don't worry ifit doesn't!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
well i can only speak for myself but mine became noticable to others at about 4 1/2 months.

Everyones different and your belly will grow in time!! Smile

I have belly pics in this forum if you want to check them out!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I just started showing Friday when I was 18 weeks. It really is amazing what a difference one day makes. I woke up and it had just popped out. I've got some pics posted in this forum too if you want to check them out.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I didn't start showing until I was 20+ weeks. At 17 I wasn't showing at all. It's normal, sweetie!
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm showing in my underwear or a bathing suit, but still it's not terribly obvious with clothes on, and I'm starting the 3rd trimester tomorrow! Some women are slower to show than others. This is my first, combined with the fact that I had tight abs pre-pregnancy and a longer torso for my height (though I'm not terribly tall--5'4"). All of those things can make you slower to show. Most women start popping out around 20-23 weeks; some it takes more like 28-30 weeks to be more obvious to strangers--apparently, I'm in this latter category.

I've also posted belly pics on this forum; the last I posted was 26 weeks. You can click on my user name and find posts I've made if you're interested in looking.
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
im still not showing to were anyone elsa can tell. but i have been able to feel the baby move and i go for my ultra sound on thursday.. hehehe i am so excited i hope i can find out what i am having.
|

Especially eHealthy
angelinhiseyes2007 wrote:
im still not showing to were anyone elsa can tell. but i have been able to feel the baby move and i go for my ultra sound on thursday.. hehehe i am so excited i hope i can find out what i am having.

hun its so normal to not begin showing until 20 even over 20 weeks!!!!!!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I notice you have a baby in the avatar! If itsyour 2nd baby...Generally speaking 2nd timemothers show more and faster??????
|

Especially eHealthy
babyAndy wrote:
I notice you have a baby in the avatar! If itsyour 2nd baby...Generally speaking 2nd timemothers show more and faster??????

it depends since all women are different as well as every pregnancy!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i wouldnt worry about it. when i was pregnant with william i wasnt showing until i was at least 20 weeks
|

Extremely eHealthy
well I've been showing for a little while now, but my best friend was pregnant and at 37 weeks she still didn't look pregnant. It wasn't until her last 3 weeks that she started to show, and even then it wasn't much at all. She may have looked 4-5 month....MAX! I've heard the shape, and position of your uterus effects how your belly grows and also heard that it depends on the muscle tone of your abdominal wall.
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2007
Experienced User
no the baby in the pic is my niece
|

replied September 27th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
babyAndy wrote:

In my case, I showed WAAAY earlier with my first that with this one.

BUT I blame that on my insane weight gain with my 1st.

When I got preg with my first I was about 130 soaking wet. When I got preg with this one, I was 155.
So there was that extra layer of skin/fat that didn't let me look pregnant.

Hell, it's still flabbier than it is hard! lol! But my b button is flush with my belly...so that's a dead give away when I lift my shirt!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied October 1st, 2007
Experienced User
i am still not showing and i am nearly 21 weeks.. i did however find out that i am having a girl... i am so excited hehehe...
|

replied October 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
hell i am still not showing and i am nearly 21 weeks.. i did however find out that i am having a girl... i am so excited hehehe...

congrats!
|

User Profile
replied October 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hell i am still not showing and i am nearly 21 weeks.. i did however find out that i am having a girl... i am so excited hehehe...

congrats!!!
|

User Profile
replied October 12th, 2007
Experienced User
I didn't start showing till I was like 6 1/2 months and I was exactly the same.
I'm still not even that big, I look like I'm only like 5 months and now I'm almost 8, it sucks because you wanna show so badly then you start too and you see these people who are huge and you just want to be bigger, but remember the bigger you are the more likely you're gonna get stretch marks, I got them and I'm not big at all it's just because I was tiny before and my skin is just stretching beyond it's limit, they itch and suck, and also if you don't get that big it'll be easier to go back to your regular size once you have the baby.
|