Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Infrequent Sharp Bowel Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi All,

I have noticed I get a very sharp pain in my lower bowel/intestine area its beneath the stomach, but I didnt really think much of it because it only happens maybe once a month maybe less and only last for about 10 seconds or something, but today i got another sharp pain there and I am wondering if I should be concerned. I did have small spots of blood in my stools a couple of months ago and i was passing hard stools and was sore, someone told me it was diet so I improved my diet and my symptoms went away and since then i have had normal bowel movements. I am just worried about this sharp pain that still happens. Any ideas wha it could be?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 22nd, 2009
Hello,

I have had the exact same symptoms as you. Have you since been properly diagnosed?

I get the same sharp pain for around 10 seconds really low down where my bowel would be. Then it goes and I may not get it for some time. Which is why I haven't been to my GP.

Let me know if you have any luck finding out what this might be.

Thanks
|
Did you find this post helpful?