Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Smelly discharge when my period i due to start

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have noticed for the past two months that when ever my period is due to start the discharge I get at first is very smelly this goes on for days. What could be the cause and how can I remedy it as this has never happened before, and it only happens before and during my period.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 30th, 2008
smelly discharge
I notice a smelly discharge before and after period. I've notice this for a while.
|

replied February 22nd, 2009
smelly discharge
hello ladies, I too have been suffering with the same issues right before or after my period. I have been diagnosed with BV each and everytime. And treated with vaginal or oral metronidazole. I works temporarily but as soon as my period returns, it returns. I feel your pain and have no idea what to do about it. See your physicians or go to your nearest health/std clinic for free screening.
|

replied June 23rd, 2009
I understand exactly how you feel as I have suffered with the same problem, but now the awful smell is right through-out my cycle from beginning to end. On another site it was suggested to try vinegar, the regular one by combining it with water. The only vinegar I had at home was Apple Cider Vinegar which I mixed with water in equal parts and guess what? It actually worked, vinegar is one of natures natural cleansers.. Anyway, I felt fresh all day and couldn't smell that awful 'period smell' when I used the bathroom. Try it and see, you might also want to try Evening Primrose oil capsules which lessens the blood flow and discomfort and is also meant to work. Hope this helps, good luck!!
|

replied December 5th, 2012
Hi how much vinegar do you take daily? Like how many teaspoon etc? Thanks
|

replied August 3rd, 2009
I only get this "smell" during my period! I have no discomforts between my periods and I want to know why it only occurs during my cyle...I'm going to the doctor next week
|

replied October 29th, 2009
smelly light period
I am 41, fit and healthy. I noticed this month that when i am supposed to be due my period, i have a very light bleeding with a smell. This have never happened before and i am worried. Can someone please advise me!
|

replied May 16th, 2010
I am also looking for an answer to whether it is normal for menopausal periods to have a very noxious smell. Almost unbearable. It is only the blood that smells. I can't seem to find a clear answer to this anywhere on the internet.
|

replied June 17th, 2010
smelly period
i'm on the same boat, i saw 7 OBs : when my period is due about one or two days before , i get a watery smelly discharge and i get it at the very end as well. it's NOT BV !!!! metrodinazole won't work if you have this. my blood has no smell, it's the watery discharge (on top of it) .i think it's an infection inside the uterus. i've done many tests, taken many different antibiotics, NOTHING HAS WORKED so far. please help if you have an answer. douching won't do either, the problem is not in the vagina but in the uterus. otherwise, it would smell all the time.
|

replied October 13th, 2010
Smelly Vaginal discharge
Try yoghurt. Make sure the container says �live yoghurt�, because this contains live lactobacilli bacteria. It is the friendly lactobacilli bacteria that are reduced in numbers in bacterial vaginosis. Gently smear a small amount of yoghurt over the vulva (the area around the opening of the vagina), and also put some inside the vagina. The easiest way to do this is to use a tampon with its applicator. Push the tampon back inside the applicator so you have a space for about a teaspoonful of yoghurt. Then insert the tampon in the usual way, which will push the yoghurt into the top of the vagina. Remove the tampon an hour later. Do this twice a day for a week.
|

replied October 7th, 2011
Awful and awkward period!?
Hello ladies, I have this problem I missed my period, have been having to pee a lot and i feel uncomfortable strong pungent odor it's disgusting and yellowish light brown clear discharge what is wrong with me?? Im still a virgin and don't masturbate should I go to the doctor?
|

replied May 14th, 2013
smelly discharge days before and after period
I have the same issue. I hate the smell and I feel uncomfortable if my partner goes down there. She says it smells normal, but it smells horrible to me. Any advice on how to get rid of the smell?
|
Quick Reply