Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Forum

I'm Always Tired and I have low blood pressure

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
This past summer I have been noticing some strange symptoms. I am always tired no matter how long I sleep. SOme Friday nights I go to bed around 11 or 12 and I have difficulty getting myself up at 11 or noon the next day after at least 11 hours of sleep. I also used to go running all the time, but now I just don't have the enegery to go, and on the rare occasion that I do go I can only run 2 or 3 minutes before I winded and have to take a break. I am also sore quite often- usually in my neck or back, and I usually have a constant headache and feel dizzy.
It may be unrelated, but about 2 months ago I had a grand mal seizure (my only one) that lasted 7 minutes, and I also noticed that my blood pressure has been dropping, last time I got it measured it was around 90/70.
If anyone has any ideas about what could be causing any or all of this I would greatly appreciate your advice. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper dancia2007
|

replied January 9th, 2008
Ideas For Healing
Caj57 --

Research on the net about adrenal exhaustion. Check out from the library (or buy on Amazon or Barnes and Noble): Adrenal Exhaustion: the 21st Century Syndrome, by James Wilson. This sounds like what you are facing with the exhaustion - not feeling recharged with sleep, getting winded too easily, neck and back pain, even feeling dizzy. I have had adrenal exhaustion several times and I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! You might even have dark circles under your eyes, and you may have lots of allergies. You might get easily stressed, you might have a Type A personality and have difficulty relaxing. You might take care of others more than yourself. These traits are all things that go together. Low blood pressure can result from adrenal exhaustion or low thyroid and is indicative of a serious problem. People with adrenal problems often have problems with blood sugar. Adrenal exhaustion can cause over 100 symptoms. If your joints crackle and pop, it is because adrenal glands produce something that lubricates the joints. If you have difficulty climbing stairs, this can be due to low adrenal glands. I was diagnosed by a naturopathic physican for adrenal exhaustion. The supplement she first told me to take is available on the Internet from only one website. Ginseng is something that is available to anyone anywhere that helps stamina - because it helps adrenal gland function. You can get it at any health food store.

Also research on the net about hypothyroidism and Dr. Broda Barnes test for low thyroid. If your waking temperature before you get up and move around is less than 97.8 you have a low thyroid, according to Dr. Barnes.

Seizures can be due to mineral deficiencies - like potassium, magnesium, and other electrolytes, or due to low blood sugar.

Then there's the candida spit test - got this off the Internet If you can fill a clear glass full of water - spit on the top, wait ten minutes, if it sinks or develops strings - you have a candida overgrowth. It's supposed to float. Candida can cause 150 symptoms by itself and mimics fibromyalgia.

I've been where you are at ... starting at age 22. I have recovered. I am 32. I would like to inspire others where it is possible.

If you eat packaged food instead of natural food, you will contribute to your health problems. If you are willing to do whatever it takes to recover, including eating natural food and drinking good pure water, I can tell you this - you will recover.

I have had somewhere around 150 symptoms - physical and emotional - and I am able to work full time now with minimal difficulty. If you are the type of person who would eat train tickets if they made you well, then you are someone I would give the secrets of how I made it back from being disabled and back to normal working life with sleep that recharges and refreshes. I am not a doctor but my experience is needed by millions of people who are facing what you face and what I have faced.

Good luck! You can do it!
Your body can heal itself if you give it the building blocks.

Alyssalyn
|

replied October 26th, 2011
Adrenal fatigue
Hi Alyssalyn,
what supplement did you take?
|

replied February 15th, 2008
Experienced User
Hi. I would like to know what causes a person to not feel rested even after sleeping 8,9 or even 11 hours. My boyfriend has been complaining of this. But he won't go to a doctor. He says he sleeps the 'normal' amount of time, but that he wakes up feeling tired, and is tired throughout the day. He says he feels equally tired the days that he doesn't exercise and the days that he does. He has gotten some dark circles under his eyes as well...
I experience this a little bit too, though i don't feel as strongly about it as him. I have dark circles too, but I don't feel THAT tired... or maybe it's that i've never had a whole lot of energy to begin with, that's why I think my energy levels are more normal?

Anyways, we both try to eat a balanced diet. We do eat junk food too, but not on a daily basis.

This whole issue does concern me, ... we don't have that much energy, and we're in our 20's. I don't want to begin to imagine how we'll be when we're 50 or 60.
|

replied May 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
I have always had low blood pressure and a high pulse rate. I have mitral valve prolapse, which they tell me is not a huge issue, just be sure and take antibiotics before any kind of surgery or dental procedure. My resting pulse rate has been as high as 133. Normal resting for me is 100 - 122. I feel horrible all of the time - no energy as well. My blood sugar tests recently came back at 50 which indicates I am hypoglycemic, so my doctor has referred me to an endocronoligist. But.........my last dental vist a year ago, my blood pressure was 78/44. They were concerned, I told them that it has always been that low. When my first child was born, the nurse became very upset because my blood pressure was 68/49. I think this is due to the mitral valve prolapse and none of the doctors I visit get to upset about low blood pressure. In fact, I had one doctor tell me that it would make me feel like he**, but I would live forever with a blood pressure like that. As far as the elevated pulse rate, they told me I could take a Beta Blocker (Toprol) if the palpitations were bothering me. I told them as long as my heart was good, I could live with an elevated heart rate and palpitations. They did a stress test, sonogram, and I wore a holter monitor - again confirming my mitral valve prolapse. Sorry to ramble, just wonder if anyone out there has has this same condition. More importantly, the anxiety is 24/7. I have tried every kind of medication there is for the GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) and NOTHING has worked. I hope the endocrinologist can help. I am not holding my breath though, I have been to numerous doctors, and all tests come back within normal limits (except my B12 and blood sugar level) which nobody seems to care! I hope this is a good doctor. I am tired of spending the money and still not able to live life like I once did.
|