Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

What Are My Chances of a Std

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I'm 16 and haven't ever had any kind of sex and we're recently learning about HIV/STDs in school. I was just wondering since i've never had any kinds of sex and i've never had a blood transfusion and i don't use drugs. What's my chances of having HIV/STD??? Is it pretty much zero??? I just was curious because HIV seems really scary and I want to make sure I protect myself from this kind of stuff.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
absolutely 0.

And if they're teaching you about this in class, they should've told you that.... Very Happy
|

Georgia59 wrote:
absolutely 0.

And if they're teaching you about this in class, they should've told you that.... Very Happy

They say something about if two people have cuts it can transfer that way. But i've always heard most STDs die only seconds after hitting air. Thank you for the reply.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Well, ok. If you two both have cuts and somehow press your cuts together so that your blood mixes, you can share infections.

Or if you drink from someone's glass or share someone's chapstick, you could get oral herpes.

Most sti's are transmitted through exchange of body fluids. That happens most commonly during sex, but can happen from kissing or certain other circumstances as well, depending on the infection.

Is there something in particular you're worried about?
|
Quick Reply