Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Feels Like I Get a Catch Under My Ride Side Rib Cage

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I'm sorry if this is kinda a repeat question, but I have pain under my right rib cage alot, only it's a little different. It feels like when I turn, stretch, or move into a certain position, I get a horrible painful catch under my ribs. It takes a few minutes but it goes away. It's painful to even move when this happens. Has anyone else ever have this happen to them?

Thanks,
amsw Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 8th, 2009
Pain on right side of stomach
Right side of stomach feel tight and painful I keep feeling like I m going to throw up and just a little comes up. I feel a little feverish but at work and have not taken my temp.
|

replied February 28th, 2011
Catch under rib cage
I get the same kind of feeling AMSW.. I do not know the cause of it but it is very annoying. If it last for any length of time it is sore the next day.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied June 12th, 2011
right rib cage catch
I get the catch too in my right rib cage. been happening a lot lately. at the time feels like a lump,swelling. It is very painful. Does anyone know what causes it. if so eamil me,Please
thanks
|

replied August 30th, 2011
urggghh!! this has been happening to me too): but i feel better knowing im not the only one
|

replied December 4th, 2012
I get the same thing, but no idea how to fix it Sad I actually have a bent rib! I started getting pain like this when I was little and an x-ray showed the bend. Unfortunately when this happens to me it can last for hours. And it does feel like something inside got caught on the rib and its extremely painful. So if anyone has any ideas im all ears!!!
|