Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Popping In Throat When Lying Down

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
About 7 months ago I had a cough (that originated from my throat) for 6-7 weeks. My neighbor gave it to me...who also had it for 6-7 weeks. When it finally went away I was left with a popping/clicking sound in my throat when I lie down on my side. It feels like an air bubble popping. If I lie on my back it is different-it sound like tiny air bubbles popping. If I lie on my left side, I get no sound. I do have a history of acid reflux. Recently, my neck has started to hurt. It feels like a sore tendon running from my ear to my collar bone. It feels like a bruise at my collar bone. I know this is a thyroid/lymph node area. I sometime get a mild earache on the same side as my neck pain. The popping and the neck pain may not be related but 2 different issues. Anyone have any info on this type of thing?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 5th, 2009
Throat Pop
It's Aug of 2009. I was wondering if you ever got better and if so how? I am having the same symptoms you describe and I've had them for about 8 weeks. It all started with a Pop in my throat when I was drinking water one day. Have been to a ENT and had a CatScan and nothing shows wrong. I'm desperate.
|
Did you find this post helpful?