Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Dry Skin around the head of my penis

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Every now and then i notice that there is some dry skin around the head of my penis. when i put lotion on it or moisturize it, it goes away, but returns a few days later.I'm worried about what this is and want to see a doctor about it. the only prob is i've never been to a doctor about this sort of thing and am not sure where to go. should i just see a dermatologist or is there some other medical professional i should go to?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 21st, 2007
Re: Dry Skin Around the Head of My Penis
[quote="thisGuy22"]Every now and then i notice that there is some dry skin around the head of my penis. when i put lotion on it or moisturize it, it goes away, but returns a few days later.I'm worried about what this is and want to see a doctor about it. the only prob is i've never been to a doctor about this sort of thing and am not sure where to go. should i just see a dermatologist or is there some other medical professional i should go to?[/quote

those are called secretions, leave them alone fool! jk well its nothing serious trust me, i went to hospital cuz i thought i was going to die from that and the doc said it was secretions
|

replied September 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Dry Skin Around the Head of My Penis
thisGuy22 wrote:
Every now and then i notice that there is some dry skin around the head of my penis. when i put lotion on it or moisturize it, it goes away, but returns a few days later.I'm worried about what this is and want to see a doctor about it. the only prob is i've never been to a doctor about this sort of thing and am not sure where to go. should i just see a dermatologist or is there some other medical professional i should go to?

could also be that if your washing it with soap then its makeing the skin too dry!!! if you are washing your penis with a bar soap or another harsh body soap (such as axe gel) then stop wusing it and switch to washing your penis with conditioner!

hope this helps!
|