Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

cold flashes , headaches , weakness , tiredness ...

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
I don't know if this was a logical place to post but I did not know where else to go. My daughter has been sick for over a year and no one knows what it could be. These have been her symptoms: hold and cold flashes, headaches, weakness, tiredness, dull throbbing pains in her arms, not hungry or finding food appealing then being starving but feeling sick if she eats, and re occurring illness in july she had surgery and ever since then she has been sick back to back first with a cold, then with hand foot mouth virus, then another cold, then a potential sinus infection. I was doing unrelated research on leukemia and as I read through the symptoms and many are ones she has been experiencing. I am not a hypochondriac or one to jump to conclusions but it did to me seem odd that she has gone this long with no answers and for her symptoms to fit so closely. The one test that has not been preformed is a blood test. Does anyone knowledgeable about this disease have any advice or anything to put my mind at ease?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sally
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Sally
|

replied October 1st, 2003
My Daughter Has Leukamia
Sally,

hey there. How old is your daughter? Mine is 6 and has had leukamia for one year. Anyways, I found out through a blood test and she had all the same symphonts that your daughter has so get her to the doctor and get her a blood test asap! The sooner you find out the problem, the better. Good luck!

A concerned mother Sad
|

replied October 2nd, 2003
Severe Itching
Question I was wondering if severe itching was in involved with leukemia,or lymphoma.
|

replied October 2nd, 2003
No
Severe itching is not a part of leukamia. Now for lympona, I don't know.
|

replied November 9th, 2003
Sally-any Advice
Hi, sally. I am an adult woman and I have leukemia. Be there for your daughter especially now that she's sick.
Go to the best oncologist you can. Her treatment will make a tremendous difference.
Talk to your family doctor about her condition as well.
Don't put off an appointment with your family doctor or with an oncologist. Do it as soon as next week!!
God bless you and your daughter.
|

replied May 22nd, 2005
Hi sally,im 35 & I have similar symptons as your daughter my blood test came back with white cell count high im due for another test tomorrow,then I wait a week for the results,nobody has mentioned leukemia to me as its only early days,but unfortunly it keeps popping into my head my best friend died of it when she was 15,so im a little scared at moment. 1 week till I know more but im so tired which I have been for 1 year and always feel like im comen down with a cold, well hopefully ive just got an infection of some sort I wish your daughter well let me know how she goes good luck
|

replied May 2nd, 2006
Any Advice?
Just got a call from doc high white count 12.1 then I called another doc had test 2 weeks ago high then to,i am very fatigued ,faint at times,achy muscles all over,no appetite,swollen tender node under arm,????????????/i am 32 and I feel terrible and goin crazy not knowing whats going on with my body
|

replied May 18th, 2006
Severe Itching
Hi,

as far as I know severe itching is not invloved with leukemia or lymphoma. Don't worry about that, maybe is some allergy.

Have a nice day everybody.
|

replied June 7th, 2006
My Health, Please Help With Advice!
I know the best thing is to go to a doctor, but I have been living outside the states for 7 months, and that is not the most easy option for me now. I was in russia for 6 months and now in norway for the last 1 1/2, and will be here until october. Now, 2 months before I left the us, I have been exhuasted beyond belief. I never feel rested, and it kicks my butt to do too much physical activity. I have joint pain often, nose bleeds occasionally and bleeding from my rectum, and just now, I am getting a little pain in my abdomn and in my lower back. I feel dizzy at times. The worst part of it is that I am a 22 year old male, and I should be in top condition! What could this possible be, cancer? Somthing else? I do not go to the doctor often, I do not like to, but I am concerned enough now to start some research...Can you help me with anythought or advise?
|

replied August 20th, 2006
Ritalin?
Has anyone here with leukemia or suspect of leukemia ever taken ritalin or a ritalin type drug? Is so, for how long? If so, please email me, I am not likely to return to check each post. Thank you.
|

replied November 11th, 2007
My friend was recently diangosed with Leukimia. She is 41.She has migraine headaches. Does anybody know what can help her?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile