Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

No Longer Feeling Hunger

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
For the past few months, I haven't been able to feel hunger very well. I only ever notice how hungry I am when I am eating, so I end up going one or two days without eating anything, but not noticing, quite often. This lack of nutrition leads to me feeling faint, but i still have plenty of energy.
Also, I throw up quite often and can only eat certain foods. Some foods, I can eat plenty of, such as fruits, vegetables, and certain meats. But other foods, i will throw up if i so much have one bite of them
The things i drink consist of mango juice, tap water, Milk, Tetley's Tea, and Starbucks frapps of varying flavor.
My stomach seems to be able to handle different things at different times, For example, I cant eat anything at all that inst a fruit for about 3 to 5 hours after waking up, I wake up feeling full, and not hungry at all. But always thirsty.
Unless its some subconscious thing, I am not aware of purposefully making myself purge, usually i will just be walking along, and I suddenly throw up. I never get bad stomach aches, just a constant full feeling. I am fourteen, Male. Can I get some advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 17th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: No Longer Feeling Hunger
Tarnelm wrote:
For the past few months, I haven't been able to feel hunger very well. I only ever notice how hungry I am when I am eating, so I end up going one or two days without eating anything, but not noticing, quite often. This lack of nutrition leads to me feeling faint, but i still have plenty of energy.
Also, I throw up quite often and can only eat certain foods. Some foods, I can eat plenty of, such as fruits, vegetables, and certain meats. But other foods, i will throw up if i so much have one bite of them
The things i drink consist of mango juice, tap water, Milk, Tetley's Tea, and Starbucks frapps of varying flavor.
My stomach seems to be able to handle different things at different times, For example, I cant eat anything at all that inst a fruit for about 3 to 5 hours after waking up, I wake up feeling full, and not hungry at all. But always thirsty.
Unless its some subconscious thing, I am not aware of purposefully making myself purge, usually i will just be walking along, and I suddenly throw up. I never get bad stomach aches, just a constant full feeling. I am fourteen, Male. Can I get some advice?

Hey,
you seem to be eating quit healthy, except those days without meal. See the therapist, if the stomach is ok, just try interesting different thing on those meal free days.

best
|
Did you find this post helpful?