Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Rash Spreading

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
a rash started on my arm a week ago...and now it has spread over my whole arm and has started on my legs and is still spreading...does anyone have an idea what kind of rash this is and how to treat it...the doctor gave me some stuff but the rash is still spreading and it isn't improving

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper frank85
|

replied September 7th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
you went to the doctor right? what did they say it may be?
|

replied September 7th, 2007
he said some kind of rash i think i started with an m but he didn't sound sure plan on going to another doctor tomorrow to find out what it is
|

replied September 14th, 2007
Re: Rash Spreading

i went to the doctor last sunday and they gave some prednisone.....i think they said i had eczema...my arm is better but there is a darkspot where the rash was i hope that clears up in a couple of days
|

replied September 15th, 2008
I have a similar rash. It started on my legs and spread to my arms. The dermatologist did a skin biopsy that came back normal. He put me on a low dose of steroids which cleared it up for about 3 weeks and has now returned. I have another appointment tomorrow. Have you found out anything more about your rash?
|

replied February 13th, 2009
the stuff the doctor gave me cleared it up in hours but my skin still doesn't look the same as it did before
|

replied March 28th, 2009
I have a rash too
What did the doctor give you that cleared it up in hours. I was given prednisone and it is not working. The rash is spreading and now my face is getting it too.
|

replied April 6th, 2009
Re: I have a rash too
mvaldes wrote:
What did the doctor give you that cleared it up in hours. I was given prednisone and it is not working. The rash is spreading and now my face is getting it too.

prednisone was all i was given and it worked for me.....i hope you can find the answer to your problem
|

replied April 6th, 2009
Thanks for the reply, I still have the rash, so does my room mate. I am so tired of this!! I can't go to the doctor because of no insurance. Grrrr.
|

replied May 25th, 2009
rash
it looks just like something that is on my husbands are, did you ever find out what it is?
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2009
Supporter
I worked for a dermatologist for 5.5 years..Anytime someone came in with a rash (if) he didn't know what it was he would do a small punch biopsy to send it off to be sure how best to treat person..

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-tre atments/slideshow-common-adult-skin-proble ms
found this Web Md site with photos..

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T082900.a sp
This site talks about how best to describe a spot but even though is is a childrens site-click on the place it starts to describe bump/rash and it will bring up picture..

Hope this helps..kd
|
Quick Reply