havent noticed
sometimes I do and sometimes I dont
87%  87%  [ 7 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
12%  12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8
User Profile
how many have tinitus or ringing of the ears?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 6th, 2007
Supporter
The unusual problem with my tinnitus is that it started after my TMJ finally calmed down (almost two years ago). It started only in the left ear and was a cross between ringing and buzzing. My right ear decided to join the chorus a few weeks ago. I was checked by an ENT who supposedly specialized in acoustic problems but all he told me was that I had TMJ pretty badly and a significant hearing loss. DUH! You think. He was no help. Thankfully I am able to live with this very noisy distraction even tho I don't like it.
|

User Profile
replied September 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey
yeah I found that all the ent told me was a great big duh as well.
|

replied January 19th, 2011
Have either of you guys managed to see a neurotologist? They apparently have treatments available for the tinnitus, as it is a problem that I have as well due to TMJ. Originally, it was just ear pressure and no bass in my left ear. They had no diagnosis, and I suffered from confusion/balance problems. I went through a faulty TMJ treatment from some arrogant man, and then problems got worse: ringing started in my left ear, went down for 2 weeks, became sensitive to sound and I lost hearing. Then, like Catswold mentioned, my right ear joined in for no apparent reason. It's been 3 months, but my Neurotologist and new Neuromuscular TMJ Dentist are positive that things may be alright. I'm only 18 years old, and I'm having problems coping/studying/maintaining a normal life as well. I feel for you both, and hope that you are doing well.
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2013
Dear Jawzandringing890

Have you found a solution to your tinnitus, sensitivity to sound and hearing lost?
|
Tags: TMJ
Quick Reply