Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Why Do I Feel Sick All the Time? (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I have 2 questions.

1) Every time it is very hot (I'm more sensitive than most people) I feel weak, and very sick. Sometimes I feel like I am going to pass out, my heart beats fast and I have to drink water. But I went to the hospital once and they said it was only due to stress, that I have to try and get my body used to hotter temperatures. I'm tired of feeling sick, but I don't know if it is working. How long will it take?

2) I have been on vacation for awhile (sitting at home and so) but I've been feeling sick for no reason. Is it that my body needs to exercise? My heart feels weird, like it's working hard. Also I get dizzy and lightheaded. Is that for lack of vitamins?

Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper catman1991
|

replied April 14th, 2009
Feels the same
Hi I feel the same as u I feel sick every day and when I eat it makes me feel even worse can u help me
|

replied May 10th, 2009
i feel the same way. i think it is from lack of vitamins. also i feel like my body is like 10 times heavier. idk wat it is can u help me?
|

replied May 10th, 2009
I'm right there with you
same thing...just this little sick feeling. if you are having stress, fear, panic like I am, though, I think it is due to that rather than a lack of something. I am completely bolwed over at how my thoughts are affecting my physical condition.
I just went away from my husband and kids for one night, and thought I'd have the best time. all I did was worry! and I felt awful. I think that too much time to think is a bad thing when you are stressed out. yes, eat right, but get busy and stay busy. whenever I am doing something that has nothing to do with me, I think, "wow, I haven't worried about (in my case, having a seizure) in a long time". which brings on the anxiety...but baby steps, baby steps.
good luck to all of you.
|

replied June 25th, 2009
yesh, i feel sick all the time someone in my class was sick 2day and i got relly worried and had a panic attack, i feel sick daily i feel sick NOW! but im eat fine? what is this i am soooo! worried about being sick ALL the time? i have the same problem
|

replied July 3rd, 2011
omg! me too when i eat i am absolutly fine but i feel sick 24/7 i just dunnno what it is:(
|

replied January 15th, 2010
Sicky Sick D:
i know what you mean,now i'm in class but i feel sick right now:
my eyes are tired and i feel like i'm getting a headace
and i'm feeling weakand yeah tired of less sleep i don't sleep that well so i'm asking do you guys have tips to sleep btw?
Bye,
Meeh
14 years
NL^^
uhg it bothering meh of being sick everyday¬¬...
|

replied May 18th, 2010
Cam someone help
My body feels heavy I feel sick and rather werid I suffer from anxiety so I don't no weva it is to do wit that. It'ssuch a horrible feelin can anyone help me put my min at rest I have to go for a blood teat soon aswell coz of pains in my stomach so I guess I'm worrying about all that aswell
|

replied May 18th, 2010
Can someone help
My body feels heavy I feel sick and rather werid I suffer from anxiety so I don't no weva it is to do wit that. It'ssuch a horrible feelin can anyone help me put my min at rest I have to go for a blood teat soon aswell coz of pains in my stomach so I guess I'm worrying about all that aswell
|

replied October 1st, 2010
Answer
I had an overdose of speed were my heart rate was 221bpm and almost stopped. ever since that day i have had all these symptoms feeling sick, chest pain, dizziness, numbness and tingling, and even mild hallucinations,all the same tests were done all came back fine and all the doctors told me its anxiety.... anxiety is one of the most common diagnoses in the world. 20 percent of the people in the world will suffer some sort of anxiety . when a doctor tells you it's anxiety he knows that it is because it is so common anxiety causes people to take time from other patients that could have serious health issues. i know i didn't help going to the doctors 9 times in 2 weeks .the doctors have to be be able to diagnose that quickly because symptoms of anxiety are similar to heart attack and an ecg can tell you almost everything you need to know about a heart from a heart murmur, clotting, micro bleeds i mean anything when you have a heart attack you have sometimes a possibility of anxiety being a symptom of a heart attack but not all the time do you have anxiety during a heart attack sometimes people don't even know that there having a heart attack but people gotto learn that in the case of a heart attack you gain anxiety because your having a heart attack you don't have a heart attack because of anxiety it takes years and years for stress and anxiety to even damage your heart i'm talking 10 20 years and once the damage is done then there is a possibility of having a heart attack. now i'm going to tell you something else if your anything like me you've spent your time looking up your symptoms on the internet trying to avoid the real answer anxiety. if you actually had a serious problem 99 percent of the time the symptoms will show up gradually not all at once but over time you get worse and before even reaching the state of having a few the symptoms listed by people suffering from anxiety you'd be hospitalized treated and there are no diseases that i know of or found online that kill you instantly really only strokes heart attacks, aneurysms and things like that. don't worry about a miss diagnoses a simple blood test can tell you lots a protein measurement off by a spec would have doctors concerned and doctors spend allot of money going to school a long 8 years plus more its not its not easy. doctors do it to help people its not common they would be in it for the money and if your doctor is in it for the money you have nothing to worry about because chances are hes going to do whatever he needs to do and hell make more money doing more tests. the feeling of death i have been told by my friend that had 2 strokes and died on the table 3 times told me like its like floating on water and sleepiness that makes you feel peacefully but your body's naturally instincts is to fight to survive if your awake or sleeping you body actually seems to heal more when you sleep our body will do everything to survive your brain will take over without you having a choice even to help you survive and may i note its also really really rare that your heart will stop if your under the age of 50 because you heart is the strongest muscle in your body. lastly i want to say that anxiety is not bad its good its there to protect your body it kicks in when you feel somethings wrong its adrenaline to actually keep you alive and you normally don't have any thing wrong with you its either brought out by something that scared you even a panic attack brought on because some wall chest pain witch is changing in mucus in the lining in your chest cavity, gas,acid reflex and even someone jumping out in front of you yelling boo anxiety tells your brain your dying to keep you safe to release the adrenaline just to help with blood circulation system i'm going to leave you i want tell you you brain is more powerful then you think there is a mental portion and a physical portion of the brain and there is portions inside those ones that your brain is made up of don't underestimate it should control certain things but don't let it control your mental health and scare you and bully you be tough i feel better i have just done simple breathing technics and sat there telling my self theres nothing wrong and sure its hard when your brain comes back with whatever it can to try and make you think what it wants it is trying to protect you but you should learn to use it when its needed and once you had your first bout of anxiety good chance of getting it back but you'll be prepared it only took me 20 minuites to rid myself of anxiety your thinking how could something so crippling take such little time to heal well because its all mental not physical hope this helps and good luck
|

replied October 13th, 2011
This is quite helpful but I wish you'd put more full stops in! Smile xx
|

replied January 27th, 2012
I am so glad I found your response. For years nobody has put it into prospective like you have for me. I have HORRIBLE anxiety and it is driving me crazy. I have had it for about six years now since I witnessed my Uncle die. It was always just kind of mild but now it is taking a toll on me. My head is constantly buzzing, I am so lightheaded, headaches, my stomach is on fire, I have eaten once in the past week, and I am sooooo tired. I KNOW this is due to stress and anxiety so it doesn't make me freak out and I haven't even been to a doctor for this in like a year. It bothers me because I have 2 small children and I don't have a clear enough head to play and have fun. I try and relieve stress but it doesn't work. For the past few months when I fall asleep I have this bizarre feeling of not being here, or like I stop breathing and it startles me awake where I start kicking the bed or shoot straight up clamy/ sweaty. But again I don't freak out to much over this. I think it has something to do with the fact that for the past 10 months since we moved to Chicago I don't have any friends, my husband is always at work and it is freezing cold outside so I just DON'T leave my condo. Oh and I am almost done weaning my self off paxil since I have no more refills and no insurance. Do you have any pointers for me on how to live a normal life again. I would LOVE my head to feel clear again! Thank-you so much.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied October 2nd, 2010
its nothing to do with lack of vitamins if you have it everytime you go out then you probably have anxiety like me you willl probably need help from a pro like hyposis
|

replied November 5th, 2010
Fear and obsessive thoughts
Hey guys,
Try looking to God for help pray that he will take away your fears and stress and he will. Give all your cares to him he will resolve them in his perfect way:) It worked for me God Bless
Luke 11:9-10
"So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
“These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
|

replied January 25th, 2011
Ok too weird. lately i go out and feel hot and have to immediatly drink water. Also, i feel sick every single day. not sure why. I do have anxiety. i take 120 mgs of lorazapam but my psych doctor told me that is not normal and anxiety isnt whats causing it. my regular doctor cant seem to figure it out either...did you figure anything out?
|

replied February 9th, 2011
Answer to #1: I had this too, weak feeling in hot weather despite drinking water. It got so bad I fainted once from it. (I'm 30ish, healthy, good weight, exercise moderately, no other major health problems, besides seasonal allergies.)

My problems mostly started when I moved from northern NY state to southern Ohio in summer. I eat pretty healthily, and it turned out I was low on salt! I was drinking lots of fluid when I got dizzy, but the doctor pointed out it did no good because I was low on salt so the fluid didn't stay in me.

Salt was pretty quick to help- I drank salt-water solution (olive brine, as a quick fix- blech!) and started feeling some better within an hour or so, where otherwise I would have been miserable for many hours. This particularly wise doctor pointed out that people who process (can/bake/freeze/grow/cook-from-scratch) alot of their own food (like me) seem to have problems from either lack of protein, lack of salt, or lack of fluid. For me, it clearly wasn't the other two, and now I carefully try to increase salt in my diet, and feel much better. I even sleep through the night without needing to go to the bathroom anymore! I do still have low blood pressure/fainting/bathroom-at-night problems if I get sloppy with making sure there's enough salt in my diet.

At any rate, I hope this helps someone, because I sure was baffled.
|

replied March 11th, 2011
If you havent had a blood test, I suggest doing this. I was feeling like this all the time, I then went to the Dr for my sinus trouble. He sent me to an E and T and he felt my neck and he said it was unusually large. He sent then sent me for blood tests and an ultra sound on my neck. It turned out that I had Hashimoto's Disease which was creating my Thyroid to be underactive. When reading some of the symptoms of this, I found that anxiety was one of these.
Hashimotos Disease is very common in women, if you havent done so already, ask your Dr for blood tests
I am now on medication for my Thyroid and it has helped to some degree but during stressful times etc. I still feel sick, get dizzy and my body feels extremely heavy
|

replied August 6th, 2011
anxiety?
i have this thing wheres ive related worrying to feeling sick and when i worry or panic i am sick.. all the time,i cant control myself when i feel like im going to be sick.. i start thinking 'omgomg' and then panic and end up throwing up! i dont even eat anymore i force myself to eat because i think if theres nothing in my stomach i cant throw up..helppppp
|

replied September 27th, 2011
Sickness
I have these same symptoms. I eat, get a nervous stomach feeling and throw up the rest of the day. I feel like im panicing but have no problems to panic about. After i stay still for an hour or more i feel better and almost normal. But then when i start moving around to much the sickness comes back.
|

replied October 13th, 2011
Anxiety Advice
Hey don't worry, I have pretty much exactly the same symptoms, and I went to see my Dr who told me it was anxiety and referred me to a therapist. My therapist has got me to write a list of things I would be anxious to do (like waiting in a long queue in a shop, or going on a bus on my own) and put them in order of least to most scary. Then she's asked me to write down my prediction of what would happen if I did each one. Now I'm working my way through doing them all, like testing myself, and writing down what actually happens, which is never as bad as I imagine... so you could try doing that too?
Also another thing to bare in mind is that anxiety is enhanced by adrenaline, and so it's a vicious cycle - you worry about being anxious, and so your body produces adrenaline, which makes your heart beat faster, hands shake, stomach churn etc, which makes you more worried...etc etc...and so the best advice, that I read in a book about anxiety, is that you just have to accept it for a while. Like, accept the fact that you will probably feel a bit anxious in certain situations, and know that you might feel a bit sick or shakey, but that it IS only anxiety, and you know what to expect because you've experienced it so many times before so it's not like a shock or anything, and so just go with it, and after a time (how long depending on the individual) you'll be so used to accepting it that your symptoms well lessen and eventually it will just fade away ... Smile
I don't usually reply to these kinds of things but I know how helpless I felt at first and I just thought that my experience and the advice that is helping me might be able to help someone else... Good luck everyone xx
|

replied October 25th, 2011
You are hypoglycemic! This is an old question, but I have the same thing.

Look it up -- it's the body's inability to handle sugar very well. When it gets hot it gets MUCH worse -- I sometimes pass out on hot humid days if I eat too many sugary things, or if I wait too long to eat.

You can manage it by not eating lots of sugar, white flour, unhealthy things -- eating frequent healthy snacks. Never eat sugar on an empty stomach!
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2011
It could be fear of something, phobia, panic attacks , stress and anxiety, affecting your phsycal condition Like for example i suffer from Emetophobia which just makes my life very hard. Just keep yourself busy or if it doesn't work go to a psychologist.
Good Luck
|

replied January 14th, 2012
Let me help...
I realy hope this helps some one....

STOP THINKING ABOUT IT.... If it is mental... watch some thing, take your mind off it, give it ONE HOUR.... and if it has gone away fully, or lessened, then its in your head. Your mind is SO POWERFUL You have no idea what it can create....

i have it for nearly 2 weeks now, im flippin wrecked from it... but i know its in my head. Severe panic attacks... im only 20...but i HAVE HOPE.
Please try laugh...cry...what ever you want.... the butterflys sometimes fly away.....but they always fly home again Smile
your going to be fine.... x
|
12 >>