Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

Off to College, Dating a high school girl

i left for college 2 weeks ago. left a girlfriend at home in high school. we want to stay together which we know will be hard. we've been together for about a year and a half so we figured we could do it. went home this past weekend and got to spend some time together and all is well. saying goodbye was extremely hard because its going to be a few weeks before we see each other again.

heres my issue... she has always been a 'good girl' never drank or partied or anything. but now she says she is going to be bored and left out because her friends go to parties and drink and stuff. so she wants to be included but i dont like it. i trust her 100% but im like scared. im probably acting like her father or something but i think i should be concerned. ive never been much of a partier/drinker and dont plan on it too much in college but i have/will. she hates it when i do but doesnt see why im so concerned for her if i trust her. so what do we do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 4th, 2007
a little more info...

im extremely traditional and very picky. one thing i love about this girl is she is the girl and lets me be the guy. she has no history of drinking or partying or smoking and the more i see of the world the more i realize she is one of very very few girls like this. she is honestly the perfect girl. im very unattracted to "experience". i was this girls first kiss and everything to follow, as she was mine. we've done everything but have sex which i wont deny i want to but im not at all pushing for it because theres no need to, we are happy how we are.

im just very paranoid that something bad is going to happen and im not going to be able to be with her anymore because of something she does because of my very picky preferences
|

replied September 10th, 2007
anything?
|

replied September 11th, 2007
Experienced User
i totally understand where you're coming from only I'm the girl and left my man at home. We met over the summer and fell completely head over heels in love, I left to go 4 hours away to school and we wanted to be together so we just made guidelines for each other. I was a party freak freshman year of college before I met him so sophomore year I had the same party friends and we all wanted to go out, so we made the agreement that both of us could go out but not drink. Well, it caused alot of problems and trust issues and we started fighting alot so, basically came up with no partying no drinking except when I come home and we're together. I must say, those 8 months 4 hours away at school we SO hard. But we made it through it. Sometimes you gotta sacrafice and give certain things up to be with someone, and for me and him not going out wasn't a problem. It relieved alot of stress. You have to respect each other and if you dont want her going out in that way express your concerns and hope she cares enough about you. Don't tell her to not go out at all and be controlling..just suggest that maybe her and a few girlfriends go to a movie and dinner or something instead. Alcohol can make you do things you wouldn't normally do... Best of luck to you and your relationship, don't give up!
|

replied June 18th, 2009
Dating a highschool girl? i did not try that!

|
Tags: acting out
Quick Reply