Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Period not due yet but lots of pregnancy symptoms.

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I am not sure since it's early to tell but I have all the classic syptoms....nausea, stomach cramps, sensitivity to smell, moodiness, breast soreness and they seem bigger and heavier, feeling bloated. I haven't missed a period yet but im due to start in the next few days. I have taken a hpt and the result was negative but that was 4-5 days before my period. any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
You wouldn't really be feeling any of the things you're experiencing from pregnancy yet. I don't doubt that you're feeling them, but they wouldn't be caused by a pregnancy this early on. I only say that because your body isn't making enough of the hormone (the same hormone that triggers a positive on a pregnancy test) to effect you in such a way.

Wait until you miss your period, and then take a test. It should be accurate then.
|

replied September 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
wait a week then take another test

iyt could be just an irregullar period because like ayamayaki said its wayy to early to be feeling anything that has to do with pregnancy

stress can cause a missed or delayed period as well
|

replied February 2nd, 2009
Period not due yet but lots of pregnancy symptoms.
That is funny I had the same symptoms around the same time and I was pregnant. Interesting. Since it was my first I just thought it was the flu, but nah, a bundle of joy. Everyone is not the same.
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Symptoms are caused by a variety of things other than pregnancy. You'd be surprised how often you feel slightly nauseous during the day. Most of the time you simply ignore it. But thinking you might be pregnant makes you notice every little thing about your body. All of a sudden you're peeing all day long! And wow, my boobs are a little bit tender! And my back hurts! And I think my teeth are a bit whiter today too. Look at all these symptoms!

Pregnancy symptoms are caused by pregnancy hormones. Those hormones are not concentrated enough to cause symptoms so early on, because your body barely even knows it's pregnant yet. When your hormones are concentrated enough to stop your period and cause symptoms (most of which don't start until 6+ weeks of pregnancy, if you get any at all) a pregnancy test will be positive. It takes a much lower concentration of hormone to trigger a positive test than it does to cause symptoms.
|

replied July 7th, 2009
Experienced User
OK how about this. My last period was On April 20/21 I had sex protected on may 2o the day before my period. I did not have a may period at all. Took a pregnacy test 4/5days late it shows positive. So why didnt i get a may period if i had sex the day before? I think the morning sickness was starting a week to a few days later. maybe about 2 weeks in passed a quatersized brownish red clot. was having a lot of back pain and pains in my lower stomach switching sides.maybe a week or after that started spotting then bled of 6 to 7 days the amount of blood chould fill up a half of a pad. At the same time she has been starving herself enuff to loose inches off her.I know its normal to loose weigh but that is not normal. as more time passes.Have more energy to do what ever i want. but still dont eat much and walks miles a day. tell me what you think about all this
|