Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Penis Retracts. What the Hell?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I've noticed lately that my penis is retracting, much like if I was to jump into icy pool, on a rather frequent basis. I have ED so its not like it matters that much how it looks, seeing as no one sees it haha, but it kind of annoys me. It's bad enough having a worthless dick, it doesn't help much that its been an inch long when flacid lately. Anyways, if anyone has any ideas as to why this might happen, throw some advice my way, it would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 6th, 2007
Experienced User
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Penises tend to retract, as you noted, under certain conditions like jumping into an icy pool. At the gym I belong to there some guys with long, flaccid pensises and other men (mostly older) with penises that retract completely leaving just a scrotum hanging with testicles. They don't seem to be bothered by it as they stroll around the locker room and use the hot tub, sauna, and steam room in the nude. The bottom line seems to be accepting the reality and being comfortable with it. You might try masturbation to loosen it up some.
|

User Profile
replied September 10th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Umm, I'm not exactly sure how you never knew this so I'm just going to verify. Your penis retracts (as a whole and just seems to disappear back into your crotch) when you jump into an icy pool right? Well if thats exactly the case, you got nothing to worry about, because your body is highly efficient and in order to maintain body temperature (to ensure you will not have problems making babies in the future due to messed up sperm/etc), your penis and the scrotum of your balls will retract closer to the body (source of heat). When it is very warm, likewise, your penis will be fully extended (flaccid) and your balls (more importantly) will be loose to stay away from your warm ass body.
|

replied May 26th, 2010
Experienced User
My penis occasionally retracts looking almost as I were uncircumcised, which I'm not. You can see a bulge where the head is, and a little extra skin at the top. Nothing a quick jiggle or two can't fix, but unconvenient when you need to urinate badly.
|

replied May 29th, 2013
I can relate.
I can relate to this issue. My penis has always retracted since I was young which has been more then a bit embarrassing. While I'm erect it's about 5 1/2 in. in length and about 4 1/2 in. circumference . When flaccid it will stay what I consider average sized occasionally but for the majority of the time I'm lucky if I can even see it. I've heard of showers and growers and I'm obviously a grower. I've been searching for a way to transform my penis to where it is larger in both its flaccid and erect state. It is uncomfortable and has an impact on my self confidence to have a penis that is constantly retracted. I have no issues when it comes to getting it up, in-fact I'm very easily stimulated. I am trying techniques such as jelqing and I just started using the Jess extender. I can not see any results yet and I am having trouble keeping the Jess extender on for as soon as my penis starts retracting it tends to slip off so I have to keep it tight which feels like it is cutting off the circulation to the tip. I'm in my early 30's and have not been able to accept this no matter how hard I try. I have been with plenty of women and they all have seemed satisfied with my performance but I still question myself due to my size. I have the feeling that I need to give up on trying to change myself down there and just make due with what it is but that's easier said then done.
|