Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

What Keeps Biting My Baby? Oz

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
Hi im having a problem with my 5month old... When he wakes most mornings i find just one bite on him (mainly around his head or on his legs) but it is a huge yellowy spot that is raised on the first day, day 2-3 it goes a nasty purply colour has a dry sharp top on it and then fades away ova anotha day or two... I have taken him to doc's, chemist, asked friends and generally am told it is a reaction to mozzie bites... It doesnt bother him at all, even if i touch it, and i have just been using a general antiseptic cream for stings... What worries me is if its just a mozzie why is he only getin one bite at a time, very rarely i find 2? Also i have actually caught mozzies stinging him when we were outside and the bite it left behind was a normal little spot. Could it be that because he is asleep and doesnt disturb the mozzie it bites for longer therefore leaving behind a nasty bite? Does anyone have any other possible insect/critter that could be causing this? He sleeps in a bassinette but regularly ends up in bed with me, and even then i find him with a bite the next day although i had no bites on me. He has mattress protectors always, his mattress is aired at least once a week for a full day in the sun, i've sprayed surface spray all around the bottoms and outside of the bassinette, his sheets are changed almost daily so what else can i do to find the lil critter? Any help will be greatly appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|