Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Complications during Pregnancy Forum

Fluid Leakage In 15th Week.

Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
I went to the ER about 4 days ago. I am about 15 weeks pregnant and, after putting on a pair of jeans, I looked in the mirror and noticed a wet spot in the crotch. I took them off only to find that my underwear was also wet (about a 4x5 inch section). At the ER, they done an ultrasound and said that everything was fine, and that it was probably just discharge. I hadn't felt like I had urinated...I hadn't felt anything at all. But it seems like it was too much and too liquidy to be discharge. Later, I found out that they can use a test strip to see if any amniotic fluid had passed, but they didn't do this.
Any suggestions on what this could have been? I've had two miscarriages in the past and this is still worrying me. The first miscarriage was only 8 weeks into it, but the second was at 22 weeks. I have had laser surgery on my cervix, which made it weak enough to give way at 22 weeks after having sex. I was wondering if this much fluid leakage is normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 5th, 2007
Fluid Leakage
Something similiar happened to my daughter, she sneezed and fluid came out and she thought it was something other than urine because there was no smell, she was told it was more than likely urine because if it was water, it would of still been leaking and she would of more than likely had labor pain, we figure the baby is on her bladder and caused her to pee her pants.
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2008
I am 17 weeks pregnant and have been dealing with fluid leakage also. It is like water, not like discharge. I called the dr. and she said it was most likey urine. I also had laser surgery on my cervix and worry about imcompetent cervix but I guess bladder leakage is very common during pregnancy. It's weird because it doesn't feel like I am peeing. I am actually pretty bummed about it because it makes me feel like an old lady. I do kegal excercises all the time too and they don't seem to be working. You should start doing them too. Supposedly they help. If you don't know what they are, google it.
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Yes. If you were leaking amniotic fluid, you would probably continue to do so.

You can leak urine without even realizing it! Urine doesn't always look the same and especially if it's later on in the day, it won't be as yellow or smell as much. It's really annoying Razz Some women prefer to wear a pantyliner to stay dry and keep themselves from embarrassing situations.
|

replied February 10th, 2009
my daughter turned 6 mths. pregnant 2/07
And she told me on 2/09 that on Sat. she leaked water after just using the restroom I took her right to the emergency room because her Dr. just happened to not be in and so they said to bring her to the labor & dlivery and they hooked her up with belly straps to monitor the heart beat and fetal movements and also did a test to see if she had a urinary tract infection and a test to see if amniotic fluid was leaking out the heart beat was good and she did have 2 small contractions but they told her to drink 8 glasses of water a day and think she was a lil dehydrated from not drinking enough water the tests were negative and there was no amniotic fluid leaking but it scared me because I did leak water when I was 2 weeks past due and I had a midwife who said stay home and wait for contractions to start the following day I was scheduled for a sonogram and that was when I found out my baby was in distress because the water leaked and leaked but no contractions ever started so I thought I would go to sleep to see if I'd be woke by contractions which I wasn't but did have the sonogram the next day and they said to go to labor & delivery so they can induce me and my baby was a beautiful 7lb.13oz. 18 and a 1/4" girl and when I was holding her she turned blue right away I called the nurse they ran in my room and asked me what happen I said I didn't know my baby turned blue and she spent a week in intensive care so if any ever says wait for contractions please be Wise and go right to the emergency room so you don't have to do that to yourself or your baby it was scary and sad and terrible to have that happen and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and I am proud to say I will God willing be a Grandma soon and plan on being right there in the delivery room God Willing
|