Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Headache, Neuropathy

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I have suffered from lower back pain with sciatica and tingling in the lower extremities for years. More recently I have had tingling in my hands, shoulders, and down the back of my neck with headaches. An MRI performed approximately six months ago revealed a 2cm hemangioma of the T8 involving most of the right aspect, and smaller hemangiomas of the T5 and T10. I also had mild degeneration of the L5-S1 vertebrae with contact of the thecal sac but no compression. The neurolosurgeon stated that the abnormalities are not causing the pain and are not bad enough for surgery. I have dealt with this pain for years, but it is becoming worse. I have tried medications such as Elavil and Neurotin for the pain with no success (the pain did not subside, and I was fatigued all the time). Any help would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|