Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Left Side Bigger Than the Right!!

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
i was wondering how normal it is for the left side of your body to be bigger than the right...its not in the arms and legs or face or anywhere noticeable...however one of my hips is larger and curvier, one of my ribs juts out further, and one of my breasts hangs lower and has a larger areola (is that the word?) ...im only 17 ofcourse so i guess i could grow into it...but my doctor told me im all done growing! i hate the way it looks and im always paranoid when im in a bikini or having sex with my bf. so my question is...how normal is it and are there any ways other than surgery to even out?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile kat6903
|

replied September 1st, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Left Side Bigger Than the Right!!
thelmas4sale wrote:
i was wondering how normal it is for the left side of your body to be bigger than the right...its not in the arms and legs or face or anywhere noticeable...however one of my hips is larger and curvier, one of my ribs juts out further, and one of my breasts hangs lower and has a larger areola (is that the word?) ...im only 17 ofcourse so i guess i could grow into it...but my doctor told me im all done growing! i hate the way it looks and im always paranoid when im in a bikini or having sex with my bf. so my question is...how normal is it and are there any ways other than surgery to even out?

WELL..my left hip comes just a tiny bit more than my other, and its natural for one breast to be larger than the other so I wouldnt worry about to much. Hope this helped some.
|

replied September 6th, 2007
It's very normal for one breast to be larger than the other. I doubt anyone else sees the differences in your breasts, hips, and ribs. It's natural to have certain parts of your body to be larger than their counter parts. Take your feet for instance; one foot is a bit larger than the other. The same goes for your fingers. Whichever hand is your dominant hand will be a bit more muscular than the other.
|

replied September 26th, 2007
Experienced User
It's Normal
My left side is bigger than my right side too (even though I'm mixed handed with right hand dominant). My left foot is bigger than my right foot by a visible amount and my left shoulder sometimes is slightly higher when I walk, I've learned that so I try to balance my shoulders out when I walk but sometimes I forget. Don't sweat it.
|

replied September 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: It's Normal
MMAFighter wrote:
My left side is bigger than my right side too (even though I'm mixed handed with right hand dominant). My left foot is bigger than my right foot by a visible amount and my left shoulder sometimes is slightly higher when I walk, I've learned that so I try to balance my shoulders out when I walk but sometimes I forget. Don't sweat it.

Hey! My right foot is bigger than my left foot by one half a size! I didn't know anyone else had that problem too. Smile I'm left handed.

My right breast is also approximately one half a cup size larger than my left.
|

replied February 21st, 2010
left side of body bigger than right
everything about the left side of my body is different to my right. i went to the GP but i wasnt confident enough in telling her everything about how it affects my whole body. my left cheek is more muscular than my right, my left nostril is thinner than my right and has less cartilage, my left testicle is bigger than my right, as is my left shoulder in width, foot in length, and im sure it applies to my whole body, especially in terms of muscle. If anyone can help me at all with it, i would appreciate it, but i think im going to my GP again and this time tell him everything as it really affects me a lot, as i feel paranoid. even my left rib sticks out more than my right... its seems genetic. If anyone knows anything about this condition, that would help me so much. thanks.
|

replied March 27th, 2010
Fatter on one side, hairier on the other
I have a definite difference, left side is fatter, all the way down. And the right side is hairier, all the way down.

This leads me to believe that this is some weird hormone imbalance.

Why, I have the symptoms of poly cystic ovary and the Dr did indicate that my testosterone was raised. I am on the pill for this.

So, the right side is leaner, I think due to more muscle down this side, due to the increased testosterone, which I know is concentrated on this side because of the increased hair on this side. Maybe the increased oestrogen from the pill is making the left fatter as well.

(I have not asked the doctor if this can be true, this is why I am gooling it)

And, other people agree with me that there is a marked difference.

Any one similar ?
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2011
my left hipp sticks out or bows out alot from my right and it also gives me pain most of the time have any of you had pain with your "bigger" hips
|

replied March 31st, 2011
larger hip with pain
I have a left hip that has recently grown quite a bit bigger than my right hip. I have pain in it and I am 66 yrs old, this has just recently happened to me. I don't know if I should consult the doctor or what. I do have the same problem.
|

replied March 31st, 2011
larger hip with pain
I have a left hip that has recently grown quite a bit bigger than my right hip. I have pain in it and I am 66 yrs old, this has just recently happened to me. I don't know if I should consult the doctor or what. I do have the same problem.
|

replied June 29th, 2011
I Have PCOS and The Left Side of My Body is Bigger
I have severe PCOS because I have no health insurance and haven't seen a doctor for years, I don't know if its reated to this but and entire left side is big and meaty.
The left side of my chin is hairier tan the right, my left boob is bigger, my left butt cheek is bigger, and, this is something recent, the left side of my vagina is markedly bigger than it ever has been. You can see one "lip" overlapping the other.It makes me totally self conscious, and I'm sure it has to be hormonal.
|

replied December 26th, 2011
me too my left eye id bigger than my right, my vagina, left hands and my boob
|

replied November 1st, 2011
I am 50 years old and have the same problem.
The entire left side of my body is larger than my right.
It is not really noticable except in my legs.
This caused me considerable embarassment as a child and as a young woman.I have learned to deal with it and at my age I really don't care.
It is what it is.
I'm a fit Gramma who can still where a bikini when she takes her grandkids to the beach.I don't care if one leg is slightly bigger than the other.I am geatfull for that.There are people out there that have less.it took me years to get over that.
I never knew that there others out there like me.
My Mother took me to many doctors as a child but they could never explain my "Defect".
|

replied May 3rd, 2012
I am 28 yr lady,my left hand is fatter than right,am a right hand writer

Priyanka
|

replied May 20th, 2012
Smaller on one side
In my teens, my right calf was 1.5 inches smaller than my left. Over my life, this has traveled up to my waist (so far). I have always had a bubble butt, and now, only on one side (left). You can see where it is ending as I appear to have a love handle above it on the skinny side. I am now two full sizes smaller on the right (size 12 on one side, 8 on the other), and no doctor has ever had any clue or reason. It has become so obvious, and I fear the shrinking will affect my organs as it travels up. Shopping is a nightmare. Good thing I am a seamstress. I am also missing pigmentation on the skinny side that I noticed at 5 on my calf, and it also traveled.
|

replied November 22nd, 2012
I am 30 and my right side is bigger than left. Although the difference is not that huge to get noticed on the rest of the body but my right boob is almost double the size of my left. I pad the left one but i m so stressed out at all times, thinking about it. What if someone notices or sees it one day. It started when i was 21 yrs and since then, it has gotten worse every passing yr. Don't know what to do Sad
|

replied November 17th, 2012
This is completely normal actually. I noticed this in myself after losing & gaining weight, which made me really self conscious. However since I've noticed this, I've realized that almost everyone is like this. It's more noticeable in some people than in others. A person's weight seems to have to do with it (more common and/or noticeable in people who tend to weigh more). I'm seventeen too & honestly I wouldn't pay much attention to it, it's something that almost everyone "has" but no one really notices, except for ourselves about our own body. Don't be self conscious & I'm sure your boyfriend isn't worried about the symmetry of your body :p hehe hope this helped!
|

replied November 23rd, 2012
Every thing on right in not balanced
I am 40 years male and have a right side larger than left side , u have right thumb floating , right eye can not see properly, my right nipple is lower than left , my right arm is weaker than left and my neck is also tilted towards right my face and lips are also not balanced , but i love my self and try to show my left side always which is more photogenic Smile , my life is better and i am loving my self every day with my daughters, sons and beautiful wife ..
|

replied March 19th, 2013
My left side is larger and I'm right handed. Left arm is 2 inches larger around, thigh and calf 1 1/2 larger. Left side along the spine is larger, more muscle tissue. I am 56 and the difference has caused back pain, slipping of discs. Recently noted increase in weakness on the left side, hip down. To be fair, I was diagnosed and under treatment for degeneration of the cervical spine, with nerve impingement. Even though the right side is worse, all the symptoms are on the left. I really notice the size difference when laying on a hard surface...the left butt/hip, shoulder blade, back, tailbone, all are more muscled (or more fat) taking the pressure with the right side feeling like it doesn't touch the floor. My basic issue with this "normal" thing, is the impact is has on my back and nerves.
|
Quick Reply