Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Bleeding gums & swollen lymph nodes after unprotected sex -do I

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
User Profile
I am leaving for the military and I have to get a physical done I am so scared to be tested for HIV
I had unprotected sex with this guy twice, a few weeks after the second encounter, my lymphnoids started to swell in my neck. they were only swollen for a day and I found out I was pregnant a week later. I had an abortion and they took my blood after they performed the procedure. Did they test for HIV when they took my blood? the second symptoms I notice was I started flossing my teeth with dental floss and my gum was bleeding is this because I haven't used dental floss in years or is this a symptom? I go get my physical for the military next week please help!!!! I am sooo scared , Thank you in advance for your time.
To:

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2007
HIV and AIDS Answer A3356
Swollen lymph nodes can be present during many infections including HIV. The only way you can exclude or confirm HIV-infection is to take an HIV test.

Bleeding from the gums can be due to paradentosis. You can consult some dentist about that.

Bleeding gums & swollen lymph nodes after unprotected sex -do I have HIV ?

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.