Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Smelly Vagina (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
This is so embarrassing..

For a while now my vagina has been smelling nasty :[. It's whenever I open my legs, I can smell it, so others can, right?
I haven't had sex yet, so any ideas waht this could be?
I'm too nervous to see a doctor.

Thanks

Jayme
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Tormentor
|
Users who thank Curious12 for this post: marie17446 

User Profile
replied September 1st, 2007
Experienced User
Hmm...I'm more than sure all vaginas smell. Mine does Smile I wasn't worried about it until my boyfriend wanted to "go down" on me...then it became a major issue. I can smell mine when I open my legs as well. However, I have made a visit to the gynecologist and had a pap smear done. Results returned and proved nothing was wrong.

I believe its from the constant "cleaning" of the vagina. Nothing too much to worry about unless your discharge is different than normal (weird odor or consistancy). However...if someone is going to be seeing it other than yourself all I can recommend is making sure you bathe well Smile It decreases the odor to a certain extent...but theres no getting rid of it...hope this helped
|
Users who thank thelmas4sale for this post: Dana789456 

replied September 5th, 2013
I am a guy and I hope won't hurt anybody if I leave an opinion... Smelly vagina is the same as a smelly penis and is not attractive at all. Sorry!

A friend of mine (girl) told me that she had some heavy smell from her vagina. She told me that the doctor gave to her pills (dunno the name) which were to adjust the standard PH of the body.

I am not a doctor but I think the leaver has something to do with the PH balance of the body. Sometime the problem can be something else from the body system.

Hope this helps
|

replied September 6th, 2007
Experienced User
Personally
I am inclined to disagree here unless naturally occurring cleaning of the body was implied ......myself ...If ever I detect an odor on my own as while seated to pee, I know it is a matter of time before my virgo may get wind of me . I chose to doosh and use an over the counter cleaning agent made for this purpose but have used plain water my biggest thing and I never smell me this way is to always no later than 48 hours clean myself after sex if not sooner the combined fluids of my virgo and myself will turn gamey in two days if I do nothing and while it is not unpleasant it just smells off and I prefer no odor as we engage in oral sex I stay prepared as well as I can cause he is spontaneous and I never know with him what he will want so even my anus is kept fairly cleaned out ...But to each his/her own you know your life better than any of us ...I take alot of bathes with fragrant bathe oils , soaps, or sometimes aroma salts .just find a solution of keeping cleaner that works for you and keep it a routine and odor will never be an issue for you ....happy bathing wazzywoman
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: Smelly Vagina
Curious12 wrote:
This is so embarrassing..

For a while now my vagina has been smelling nasty :[. It's whenever I open my legs, I can smell it, so others can, right?
I haven't had sex yet, so any ideas waht this could be?
I'm too nervous to see a doctor.

Thanks

Jayme

It could be a yeast infection. Any very strong smell should be diagnosed by a doctor before saying "it's normal". I advise against douching. Just go to a doctor, an ob-gyn Smile They are normally very nice!
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
It could be bacteria vaginosis. It is cured with antibiotics. make sure to take probiotics to prevent from returning, and wipe front to back.
|

User Profile
I am a guy, and shouldn't be posting here but I believe a healthy vagina is a happy vagina for all parties concerned...My Physicians assistant Fiance says that washing to aggressively with strong soaps kill the good bacteria that live in there(they are very lucky BTW)...And there is a(as with all things related to women) complicated balance going on in there... Shocked
|

Experienced User
yea yeast infection for all i know...never bathing? unless you do but you never scrub around your vagina...not inside...i remember this girl at my old school who would sit beside me and i would notice that she would smell a bit fishy and like poo and on those days when she opened her legs...all hell would break loose and i would feel like vomiting. i wouldn't know how to get rid of it though Shocked
|

Especially eHealthy
Jeaston77 wrote:
I am a guy, and shouldn't be posting here but I believe a healthy vagina is a happy vagina for all parties concerned...My Physicians assistant Fiance says that washing to aggressively with strong soaps kill the good bacteria that live in there(they are very lucky BTW)...And there is a(as with all things related to women) complicated balance going on in there... Shocked

You can post here all you want, just not on the Women's CHAT forum ^^
|

Especially eHealthy
i agree with eiri and you could have a yeat infection

but ALL vaginas have an odor
some arent smelly some are
everone is different
|

Experienced User
i agree that all vagina has its own odour but there is something wrong if it people can smell it from across the room of standing right beside you...fully clothed
|

replied September 7th, 2007
Do you take bubble baths? This is someting that females should not due, if so, we should limit how long. You may want to stay away from deodorize bar soap, use a mild body wash. Also you may even have a yeast infection, try drinking plenty of cranberry juice and lots of water. Also eating yogurt may help. I hope this helps a little
|

Especially eHealthy
zoidberg wrote:
i agree that all vagina has its own odour but there is something wrong if it people can smell it from across the room of standing right beside you...fully clothed

No. It should not be a terrible odor like that. A fishy like smell is indicative of an infection, like vaginosis. It will not go away until it is treated.
|

Especially eHealthy
zoidberg wrote:

well YEAH Laughing
|

Well
trust me, it's nothing to worry about. especially if you havent had sex yet. it could be a yeast infection, which can be easily gotten rid of with over the counter medications. i'm 20, and happily married. everybody's vagina goes through "smelly" phases. one time, my best friend found out she had left a tampon in there for awhile, and that was the cause of her smelly little issue.

so don't worry, since you're a virgin, its almost definitely something silly and simple.
|

BAH! All vagina's Usually smell niceee! Twisted Evil
|

Especially eHealthy
KillFish wrote:
BAH! All vagina's Usually smell niceee! Twisted Evil

no they dont
|

replied September 26th, 2007
Yeah I went through that same thing my friend wanted that and I was No because I thought that it was smelly. He said that it wasn't that everybody has their own smell. But I wasdn't comfortable with him and his fingers down there.
|

replied September 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Learning to love your body and realising that it does indeed have a smell is part of being a woman! Keep it clean, tidy, and love it. It will still have a smell!
|

replied March 28th, 2009
Vaginal Odor
I too Have A ''Smely Vagina''No Itching Tho. I Dont Want To Go To The Doctor. My Ex Boyfriend Told Me It Smelt Weird Down There.

When I Take Showers I scrub Pretty Hard Down There But It Still Smells Sad

What Should I Do?
|

replied October 10th, 2012
Don't over scrub when cleaning. Honestly, the vagina doesn't need fancy sprays and cleaners. I simply use an empty douch bottle and fill it with warm water. When I take my shower I squirt the water up slowly and just let it run out. It's perfectly normal for your vagina to have some odor, it's just how it is. However, over cleaning and certainly using scented cleaners and soaps will upset the natural balance of the things. The vagina is self cleaning so trust me...just invest in a douche bottle (even if you have to buy a douch and empty the contents then use the empty bottle) and use warm, plain water. It's all it needs and squirt gentle too, be careful with it Smile
|

replied March 28th, 2009
:)
Dont worry about it. Try 'Simple' wipes for women. they are really effective and smell nice, if you cant use them then just try using more strong smells in your body wash you use. Smile
|
Users who thank hannaht for this post: marie17446 

replied October 2nd, 2009
My wife has a terrible smell to her crotch. Her gynocologist said it is normal and there is nothing wrong. I have not performed Oral sex on her for 25 years because of this. It has led to a terrible marriage. Horrible sex doesn't work. If we do have sex, the whole bedroom smells for hours. I am finally ready to hang this marriage up. Any suggestions?
|

replied April 13th, 2011
Yeah get over it. Did you still recieve oral sex without giving her any. Ah men what can I say never think about pleasing the wife. And don't post in womens chat yo. If we are talking about personal womens issues it's just that womens issues. Go cry somewhere else.
|
Users who thank Jess80086 for this post: amber30 

replied July 21st, 2011
Oh Jess, how your reply made me laugh out loud!!!Smile

I too have 'issues' with a strong smelling vagina and it drives me crazy! I am hygienic, wash daily, keep myself tidy down there (as it were) and yet I have this problem. I suspect as others have said it is a yeast infection and there is an over the counter product that helps sort out the PH levels of the vagina, which apparently are responsible for the smelly problem. You insert the cream via a small tube into the vagina for 7 days and hey presto...problem solved (apparently) I know that all women have a naturally smelling vagina, but mine sure ain't NATURAL at the moment IMO!!! Good luck all.
|

replied November 29th, 2011
Smelly Vagina
Forget it I dated a girl with a smelly crotch, it ruined the sex, it was a struggle, my goal was to always please her first but with this issue, it became almost impossible.
|

replied September 9th, 2013
Experienced User
change doctors
|
Tags: smelly, smell, vagina, sex
Quick Reply