Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Vomiting Birth Control Pill

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Ive been taking b/c for 3 months and a week so far and the 2nd day into my 2nd week i drank alittle bit and then i had to take my pill later that night. i drank alittle to much and took my pill. we had sex for 30 mins and he didnt wear a condom for the first minute or two and then he put one on. he came inside me with a condom but after that i went to the bathroom then came back and threw up. i was told as long as i take it, it should be ok. so the next day i just continued to take my pill as regular, was that the right thing to do? could i be pregnat?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper dontknow123
|

replied August 30th, 2007
please send replies asap?
|

replied August 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Vomiting Birth Control Pill
dontknow123 wrote:
Ive been taking b/c for 3 months and a week so far and the 2nd day into my 2nd week i drank alittle bit and then i had to take my pill later that night. i drank alittle to much and took my pill. we had sex for 30 mins and he didnt wear a condom for the first minute or two and then he put one on. he came inside me with a condom but after that i went to the bathroom then came back and threw up. i was told as long as i take it, it should be ok. so the next day i just continued to take my pill as regular, was that the right thing to do? could i be pregnat?

That makes it count as a missed pill if you threw up less than 6 hours after taking the pill.

But one missed pill is nothing to worry about! It doesn't increase your chances of pregnancy. You are still safe. You did the right thing in keeping up with your schedule.
|

replied February 25th, 2009
sick after takin pill
i also had that problem... was drinking.. took my pill had sex and was sick less than a hour later.. i just took the pill the next day.. was that right thing to do??
|