Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

I Need Help?

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
im concern about my baby girls feet. she needs to get a MRI to check her foot. one foot looks different from the other one. she can bent it down. she is not in pain. im worried about my baby's foot.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 29th, 2007
Experienced User
Have you taken her to see her pediatrician??
Has he said there is something wrong and she needs an MRI or is it you saying that??

More info needed..
How old is she??

Susie.
|

replied August 30th, 2007
I took her to the ER and they told me that she needs a MRI. They put a splint on her leg. When i took her to her doctor and he took the splint off.
He said it was not broken,so she dont need the splint. Put she needs to see a orthopedic. Im just waiting for her appt. to take her in and be checked out. Im worried.
What do you think it could be?
Her right leg feels hard and cant bend it down.
|

replied August 31st, 2007
Experienced User
It still sounds weird....did the er do an x-ray?????
How does your dr. know it's not broken if no x-ray was done?

Did she hurt it???
could she have injured it somehow?
I mean..I don't quite understand..what happened..all of a sudden one day you looked down at her foot and it was distorted??? or what???

I wouldn't wait for the ortho..I would go back to my pediatrician and demand to know what he thinks it is..he should have told you WHY he wants her to see an orthopod...
I mean is it an injury, or something congenital??
There are too many questions not answered and I cannot give you any help without more info as to how it came about..etc..

Let me know what exactly happened, and what you were told by any Dr.
ok?
Susie
|

replied August 31st, 2007
Yeah she got a x-ray at the E.R room,no broken bones. im going to see the othopedic doctor on tuesday.

She didn't get hurt, my mom is the one that notice her foot.
|

replied September 2nd, 2007
Experienced User
I was reading my book about the first years last night..and it came to a section on infant health and conditions.

I was reading about Club Foot...and this got me thinking it seems alot like what you have described....

Have you looked into that it could be a club foot that she has..the symptoms are no pain, but the foot looks deformed somehow..there can be many different deformities...but I think you should look into this possibility.

Thanks.
Susie.
|
Quick Reply