Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

37 Weeks & 5 Days

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I went to my weekly dr. appt today and was hoping for some good news. I didnt get the news I wanted. I am dialated 2 cm. Is that good? I mean, I really thought I would be more. Ive been really active and have been having a lot of contractions at night. I am soooo tired of being prego. What else can I do besides swimming, walking, sex to speed this thing along?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
That sounds good to me. Usually once your labor really gets kickstarted it will go a lot faster. 2 cm means you're definitely progressing though.
|

replied August 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
chiropractor .. i swear thats what broke my water. but remember your due date could be off...i was 3 days shy of 40 weeks when i delivered but they said she looked to be 38 weeks gestation so it's good she didnt come any earlier
|

replied August 30th, 2007
Experienced User
yeah i agree your at a good pace....im 37 weeks and will be 38 on saturday im going to the doc's tomorrow and am hoping that i am dialated some....i havent lost my mucus plug or had any contractions that i know of soo.......your probably faarther off than i am!!!!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
i am hoping to be at 2cm next week at my 37 week appt! i am about 1 1/2cm and 70% right now and that is what i was last week too. so i am hoping for some progress! i would say that is good.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Good luck and yes that is very good! Once it is 4 cm i heard things speed along really fast so I am sure you will have your baby in no time! Take care
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I know everybody and every pregnancy is different but my friend was 2 cm dialated and she had her baby 2 days later Smile But it was opposite for me I was dialated to 1cm when I was 38 weeks and nothing happend they had to induce me at 41weeks..that sucked...lol But I hope things have progressed for you.. And you have your baby soon.. Good Luck and keep us posted Smile
|

replied August 31st, 2007
Experienced User
yeah ya know what i went to the doctors today i havent dilated at all he said that my cervix is closed but is soft...so its getting ready...my doctors not into explaining things much i wanted to ask him percentages and stuff...but i didnt...i will see him again next week hopefully ill have gotten somewhere....and you guys are right everyones different....i hope im not stuck in labor forever but im having bad feelings!! which sucks......=(
|

replied August 31st, 2007
Experienced User
Well Im hoping this will speed along. Ive been staying really busy and active. Im 38 weeks today, go back to the Dr. Wednesday. Hopefully Ill go into labor b4 then though. But, I was thinking and when I found out I was prego. at my first Dr. appt my due date was the 5th of sept. then when they did the ultrasound they moved it to the 14th. Could there be a possibility they are wrong or off a little??
|