Medical Questions > Womens Health > Fertility Forum

Sore Nipples during or right after ovulation (Page 1)

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Does anyone get sore nipples during or right after ovulation? I'm on day 15 and I think I just ovulated. I sometimes notice that right around ovulation or right after, my nipples begin to get sore. Could this be a sign of pregnancy Very Happy , or can it just be a sign of ovulation? Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper little angel
|

User Profile
replied September 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
personaly, my nipples have been sore since I ovulated (I'm 7 wks prego). Before I got prego, everytime I ovulated, my nipples were sore until after my period, so yes it could be a sign of ovulation, and you are only on day 15 of your cycle, you MAY be pregnant if you are trying.

Good Luck!
~Lilly
|

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2011
im TTC...im so unsure about my cycle because i just had the implanon birth control removed 8 days aqo...still no period but the last two days my nipples have been un bearly sore..could i be preqnant?
|

replied September 2nd, 2007
Sore Nipples
Thank you, Lilly Ivy, for your response. I'm now going on day 20 and my nipples are no longer sore, at all. Sad My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for three years and have had only one pregnancy which resulted in a miscarriage 4 months ago. It was heart breaking. I'm hoping that there's still a chance that we can be pregnant even though my nipples feel completely normal. Is there anyone out there who can provide me with some hope?

Congratulations, Lilly Ivy, and good luck on your pregnancy. I'm very happy for you! Very Happy

Blessings
|

replied July 4th, 2009
I'm on the 25 of my cycle and i have a sore nipple. Is it possible that I might be pregnant?
|

replied July 28th, 2009
sore nipples since 2 dpo.....;
I've had sore nipples since 2 dpo, anyone get their bfp yet???
|

replied March 24th, 2010
I am on day 13 of my period and my nipples are sore. Is it possible I could be pregnant or ovulating? someone please help
|

replied March 26th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Hannah, it is most likely the ovulation hormones doing it. If it is pregnancy, it will mean that this cycle would only have been 17 days long and you ovulated around day 4 of the cycle.
|

replied March 27th, 2010
thanks susan for your response. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant. This cycle was our first time using the at home artifical insemination kit, so I need to wait and let nature take it course or come up with another plan. Again thanks for taking the time to answer my question:)
|

replied May 5th, 2010
I am on Day 14 of my cycle and have sore nipples can I be pregnant or is it ovulation??
|

replied May 5th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Jenjetta, Unless you have a cycle shorter than 20 days or you are pregnant from your previous cycle, it is about right on time for ovulation.

Best of luck with TTC.
|

replied May 5th, 2010
Thanks for your reply Susan!
|

replied May 15th, 2010
Ovulation
I had sore nipples mid cycle last month.
I am trying to figure out whether you get sore nipples and breasts just before you ovulate or during ovulation or just after you have ovulated?? Does anyone know?
|

replied June 19th, 2010
Could sore breasts right after ovulation, am i preggo?
I 've been trying to concieve, and my nipples had been sore like 3 days after ovulating and it had been sore ever since (exactly 10 days it has been sore now)and my period is due in 9 days. Could it be sign of pregnancy? I can't wait to find out.
|

replied July 22nd, 2010
Hello, My fiance and I had sex on July 16th, and we didnt use a condom. However, I am on Lutera BC Pills, but that night I forgot to take the pill but took it the next day with my other one. I have had sore nipples and breast for the last 2-3 days, and have had some odd tingling down below. However, I started ovulating on July 17th, so does that mean I could be pregnant or just ovulating? Normally for my period at the end of the month my breast are sore the week before it not two weeks before. Any helpful feedback would be appreciated thanks.
|

replied July 25th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
liilia, You DO NOT ovulate when you take birth control pills. That is one of the ways the BCPs work. It stops your ovulation. You cannot use an ovulation calculator when you are on the pill, even when you miss a pill. There is just no way anyone can predict what will happen when you miss a pill.

The chances that you can be pregnant from what you are describing are very very very small indeed. It is more likely due to the 48 hours without a pill and the doubling up after that.

If you miss your bleeding during your inactive pill week, take a pregnancy test before you start your next pack just to make sure you are not pregnant.

Best of luck!
|

replied September 23rd, 2010
Hubby and I have been trying for about 4 years now and this cycle we used clomid to help our chances i took an ovulation test and was positive on day 20 of cycle and since i have very sore nipples is this normal im on day 3po any one else havign same problem ?
|

replied September 26th, 2010
its the day 6th PO.....
mine is almost same as urs @tryingfornarmybrat....but i got married like 7 months ago...and its the day 19th of cycle and i think i m on day 6po and my nipples are sore and there is a little pain in my boobs as well since last 6 daz...so any one have any idea wots going through......
|

replied September 26th, 2010
@hhumaa im on day 6po and now is not just nipples but full breast are painful i hope this is good news we only have 1 more cycle to try again before hubby deploys again Sad good luck to the both of us ..
|

replied September 27th, 2010
I know how it feels to want a baby before your hubby deploys.... I want one as well... I have been trying to conceive for over a year now... I have my first appt. with a doctor on the 27th of this month. MY breast became sore merely a day after my ovulation... My breasts are normally sore before my period starts, but I still can't help but cross my fingers...

I pray... We all just need to remember that it's all in God's control. He has a plan for all of us; and when we conceive it will be in his time. So please stay strong.
|

replied September 27th, 2010
I know how it feels to want a baby before your hubby deploys.... I want one as well... I have been trying to conceive for over a year now... I have my first appt. with a doctor on the 27th of this month. MY breast became sore merely a day after my ovulation... My breasts are normally sore before my period starts, but I still can't help but cross my fingers...

I pray... We all just need to remember that it's all in God's control. He has a plan for all of us; and when we conceive it will be in his time. So please stay strong.
|