Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Hard Painless Lumps On Jaw Near Ear

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Hi, I'm a 20 year old female and I think I'm prone to weird lumps bc I've had a lump under my arm for years now that doesn't change. I had an ultrasound for that and they said the lymph node was normal... For a while I've also had a small pea sized lump right next to where my ear joins my cheek, it doesn't hurt or seem to change size and I think maybe I had a pimple there once that got infected so I'm not worried about that either. However, just recently, I found another lump a bit further away from the same ear. It's hard and painless, but feels more round than the other one. Should I be worried about this? I'm generally pretty healthy but I currently have what I think is a mild case of the flu.. no fever, just my back and thighs hurt and I have a headache and runny nose. Could this possibly have caused my new lump?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Hard Painless Lumps On Jaw Near Ear
jacqui835 wrote:
Hi, I'm a 20 year old female and I think I'm prone to weird lumps bc I've had a lump under my arm for years now that doesn't change. I had an ultrasound for that and they said the lymph node was normal... For a while I've also had a small pea sized lump right next to where my ear joins my cheek, it doesn't hurt or seem to change size and I think maybe I had a pimple there once that got infected so I'm not worried about that either. However, just recently, I found another lump a bit further away from the same ear. It's hard and painless, but feels more round than the other one. Should I be worried about this? I'm generally pretty healthy but I currently have what I think is a mild case of the flu.. no fever, just my back and thighs hurt and I have a headache and runny nose. Could this possibly have caused my new lump?

I don't think your new lump is caused by the flu.
Have you lost some weight recently? Do you feel itchy all over your body? Do you have fever and night sweating?
I'm waiting for your answer!
All best to you!
|

replied August 29th, 2007
Re: Hard Painless Lumps On Jaw Near Ear
I don't think your new lump is caused by the flu.
Have you lost some weight recently? Do you feel itchy all over your body? Do you have fever and night sweating?
I'm waiting for your answer!
All best to you![/quote]

Hey, I don't think I've lost any weight recently, though I haven't weighed myself in ages. I'm kind of skinny but I've always been that way. I don't think I'm very itchy and even with my flu I haven't had any fever or night sweating. Overall, I can't really think of anything else wrong with me except these lumps. Thanks heaps for your time Smile
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi jacqui835,
It's been two weeks since your last post. How are you? Have you experienced something else in a meantime? Can you consider doing a lymph node biopsy?
You'll get the answer why a node is swollen and see if there are cancer cells. Risks and complication from this procedure are very rare. There is a small risk of bleeding or infection. Another good thing about this procedure is that it can be done in a doctor's office.

Waiting for your post!
|

replied March 27th, 2010
hello mandms i was just wondering i have the same sort or pea sized growth where my ear connects to my body and it can be painful if i touch it to much and i have recently lost 15kg and have had night sweats and in the last year have really badly started grinding my teeth at night i dont know if that has anything to do with it?
|

replied January 27th, 2011
a small painless hard bump between connection of jaw
i have the same exact story with the round pea sized bump that just randomly showed up between where my jaw connects and i just started to get chest n sinus type cold symptoms, i also have been getting itchy....mostly on my chest and neck. whats going on here??
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2011
Hi, I have a similar issue. I had a lump a few weeks ago just under my ear on the right side, it went away in about a week. Today I noticed a similar lump on the left side but further away from my ear on my jaw. I don't have health insurance so I can't visit a doctor.
|

replied February 18th, 2012
lymph node
You would be surprised how many places you have lymph nodes in your body including under your tongue, in your abdomen, your groin, under your armpits, in your chest and breast tissue, neck and throat, and base of your skull . . . even your arms and legs. Depending on how systemic a flu or cold is, or where an infection is located, how bad your body thinks the germ is and how healthy your immune system is plays huge roles in which lymph nodes react to fight for your health. Lymph nodes might not swell up at all or may get very large and painful and what swelling you get might last a few hours to a few months. I would think this lump is nothing to panic over but would be something worth double checking with your Primary Care Provider at your next usual visit just to be sure and to have it on record.
|

replied February 18th, 2012
You would be surprised how many places you have lymph nodes in your body including under your tongue, in your abdomen, your groin, under your armpits, in your chest and breast tissue, neck and throat, and base of your skull . . . even your arms and legs. Depending on how systemic a flu or cold is, or where an infection is located, how bad your body thinks the germ is and how healthy your immune system is plays huge roles in which lymph nodes react to fight for your health. Lymph nodes might not swell up at all or may get very large and painful and what swelling you get might last a few hours to a few months. I would think this lump is nothing to panic over but would be something worth double checking with your Primary Care Provider at your next usual visit just to be sure and to have it on record.
|