Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Nose Bleeds common w/ Lupus ?

Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....
I have been diagnoised with Lupus for I can say about 5 years and I have never experienced nose bleeds, I started my "monthly" last Monday and I also started having nose bleeds right along with it. It is soo bad that i can stand over the sink while the blood drips out. Clots and everything has been coming out my nose, has anyone experienced this with Lupus? Should I be worried? Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tloves
|

replied January 17th, 2008
Smile Anyone?
|

replied December 27th, 2013
I have experienced the exact same. The clots worried me, and I know if you try and tilt your head back it just makes you throw up.
I asked my Dr and he said it has to do with kidney function and the fact that we may be dehydrated. just drink lots and lots of water. I still get the nosebleeds but not as frequently.
|

replied February 10th, 2008
I have nosebleeds occasionally, but I blame them on my daily dose of Aspirin. Do you take Aspirin?
|

replied February 29th, 2008
low platelets(sp)
you probably have low plate-lets (im not spelling it correctly) in case you dont know what they are, they are little things in your blood that basically clots your blood for you. one of the reasons they were able to diagnose my lupus was because i was having nose bleeds and they were able to see that my plate-lets were so low (i was at 1! now i'm at like 180, if your aywhere under 20 your in danger.)
|

replied November 26th, 2008
I have had nosebleeds that bad since I was 5 years old. Now 21 years later I still get them like that so I know what you mean. I go about a month without any and then that next month I have 3-4 within a 2 day period. They are very heavy but they at least don't last the hour or 1 1/2 hours that they used to! I am actually in the "watchful waiting" stage of seeing if I have lupus or may be developing it in the future so who knows if it could be related or not. Now I'm thinking I need to have my platelets checked!!
|

replied April 13th, 2009
nose bleeds
I got a gusher last night, from taking medication that my body didn't like. It was a reaction to pain med's...my nose started bleeding like a stream of blood coming out of my nose. I react to medication, and its hard finding one that my body doesn't reject.
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2011
Yes, nose bleeds are a symptom of Lupus
|

replied September 19th, 2013
I am waitin for may diagnos an I have join pain and inflamation and nosebleed I stop eating for last 3 month and I don't know what to do I did not get any support and I have 4 years boy to look after could you give me some advice please
|

I am waitin for may diagnos an I have join pain and inflamation and nosebleed I stop eating for last 3 month and I don't know what to do I did not get any support and I have 4 years boy to look after could you give me some advice please
|

|
Quick Reply