Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

When I Have a Really Strong Orgasm I Go Deaf For One Minute.

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
When I have a really stron orgasm I seem to go deaf for about a minute. A full minute. Is this "normal"? Is there a problem? I am female so this occurs when we have regular sex.............not just a bj thing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
... I don't know... I'd bring it up when I see my gynocologist.....
|

replied August 27th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: When I Have a Really Strong Orgasm I Go Deaf For One Min
sme7 wrote:
When I have a really stron orgasm I seem to go deaf for about a minute. A full minute. Is this "normal"? Is there a problem? I am female so this occurs when we have regular sex.............not just a bj thing.

I get a tinny ringing in my ear and may go partially deaf... But not completely. I don't think that's normal, and I'd mention it to a doctor. It doesn't seem life-threatening, but certainly annoying!
|

replied August 29th, 2007
Re: When I Have a Really Strong Orgasm I Go Deaf For One Min
Eiri wrote:
sme7 wrote:

I get a tinny ringing in my ear and may go partially deaf... But not completely. I don't think that's normal, and I'd mention it to a doctor. It doesn't seem life-threatening, but certainly annoying!

I recently read the results of some research about orgasms. Scientists found out that a womens brain actually shuts down during orgasm. The only working part of the brain during orgasm is the cerebellum(sp?)
Maybe thats just normal?
|

Especially eHealthy
I'm very hesitant to believe that report since the human brain doesn't even shut down during sleep.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
The ringing you experience could be an affect from breathing heavily (hyperventilating) and then bearing down to heighten the pleasure of your orgasm. If you tried that standing up, you might possibly pass out. I wouldn't worry too much, probably just a side effect from great sex. Razz
|

User Profile
replied September 16th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
Its completely normal it happens to me also..I go deaf in one ear for a few mins.
|