Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Make My Hands & Feet Smaller... (Page 1)

Hi,

I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. You see I am really self conscious about my hands & feet, and I would love to be able to make them smaller and more refined looking (they are kind of fat and crooked). Does anyone know any exercises to change that or am I hopeless?

Crying or Very sad

James
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 1st, 2007
this one's a bit hard and not sure if it's possible. If it was possible I think Paris Hilton would have had such a surgery long ago since her feet are clearly oversized O_O
|

replied May 18th, 2009
Hands
My hands are big too. I hate them and am always self concious of them. Every other part of my body is in proportion, but my hands! When we go out to dinner and other occasions I always hide them by closing my hands into a clenched position. Or put them between my legs while sitting. No one really seems to notice that way. But once, when I had begun a new job, someone did mention my hands. I felt really upset and embarrassed. I would love to find that surgery would correct them, but I think that is im possible. I think I am stuck with them. My feet aren't much better, but at least I can hide them..but they aren't that bad. I just hate my hands and will always have a problem with them. I look at other girls and I never see any with hands like mine. I don't know how I have come to have hands like these ;( I am very upset with them and always loom at them and think....'ugh!'
|

replied August 6th, 2011
hi im going to be honest with you but your not the only one because i wear size 11 shoes and im only 15 and my hands look like men hands but if i was you i wont care because its not your fault your like that .... just be confident and if any one asks say... thats the way i was born !!! seriosly its not a problem i meen it should be a problem for me because i go to high school but i really dont care!!! i have the biggest feet in the school!!
|

replied May 28th, 2009
large hands for a girl
I am turning 40 in a few weeks and have really started to be more critical of my appearance, but the one thing that I have ALWAYS hated were my hands. I have been told that they are 'man hands'. I even believe I have been dumped over them. I too was hoping for a miracle. I am going to a plastic surgeon on Monday and that is something I am going to inquire about. I too believe that will all the technology and changes we can make to ourselves that maybe this could be something that could be 'fixed' too.... I have to admit until I went online to see what I could find on the subject, I believed I was the only person born like this and I was just a "freak". I didn't realize that there were a bunch of women that felt the same way. BUT, I still believe if I could compare, I would still have monterous hands compared to theirs.
|

replied April 26th, 2012
big hands
I totally agree with u, I've got really big hands 4 a girl aswell! I wrk in a call centre,therefore I have 2 use a computer,& wen I'm typing on my keyboard,I try everything I can 2 hide my hands! I used 2 wrk in my local D.I.Y Centre,& my boss at the time,used 2 bully me about my hands bein so big & manly,& I have 2 say,this is a total relief 2 know there r other females out there experiencing the same problem! I would do anything 2 have a small womanly hands because I don't feel feminine at all. I'm 26 yrs old,& I've been wiv my partner for nearly 8yrs now,& thankfully, he's never ever said anything,but I jst feel really paranoid all the time, I've got no confidence,& I jst wish there was somethin that can be done-I mean,u can have boob,& nose jobs, so why not surgery 2 make ur hands smaller???
|

replied April 26th, 2012
I totally agree with u, I've got really big hands 4 a girl aswell! I wrk in a call centre,therefore I have 2 use a computer,& wen I'm typing on my keyboard,I try everything I can 2 hide my hands! I used 2 wrk in my local D.I.Y Centre,& my boss at the time,used 2 bully me about my hands bein so big & manly,& I have 2 say,this is a total relief 2 know there r other females out there experiencing the same problem! I would do anything 2 have a small womanly hands because I don't feel feminine at all. I'm 26 yrs old,& I've been wiv my partner for nearly 8yrs now,& thankfully, he's never ever said anything,but I jst feel really paranoid all the time, I've got no confidence,& I jst wish there was somethin that can be done-I mean,u can have boob,& nose jobs, so why not surgery 2 make ur hands smaller???
|

replied June 7th, 2009
I need a foot operation. Anyone know if its possible to make your feet one inch smaller?
|

replied July 20th, 2009
I always complain to my fiance about how my hands and feet look manly. He try's to reassure me that they are perfectly normal. I almost started to believed him, until his best friend commented on how manly my hands are and how my toes are incredibly long and big. Now I'm more self-conscious then ever!! If anyone knows if there is away to get a foot and hand reduction, please let me know!
|

replied September 18th, 2009
I am a woman and have large hands and have had people comment on them. It upset me but then I decided that I had no control with what I was born with and it's really stupid that people should make you feel bad about it as though you had a choice. I am just grateful I have hands and do my best to look after them the best way I can and if someone comments on my hands I try to find something about them that is negative to comment on and if their blessed with wholesome good looks than I comment on their lack of manners and rudeness. That usually shuts them up!
|

replied December 26th, 2009
i am a girl and my hands are 7 3/4 inches long and my feet are a size ten and i absolutly hate them im a good looking girl besides it im tall about 5'6 or 5'7 i have a nice asss pretty face d 32 boobs but my hands are driving me crazy i feeel like no boy wants me becuase of them Sad
|

replied April 5th, 2011
same here
lol this sound exactly like me! I don't want to date people because I fear they will dislike me for my plight
|

replied June 23rd, 2012
Me too.. im good looking. But when i look at my hands it makes me feel so sad. I think like who is going to take me serious.
|

replied June 23rd, 2012
Me too.. im good looking. But when i look at my hands it makes me feel so sad. I think like who is going to take me serious.
|

replied December 26th, 2009
i am a girl and my hands are 7 3/4 inches long and my feet are a size ten and i absolutly hate them im a good looking girl besides it im tall about 5'6 or 5'7 i have a nice asss pretty face d 32 boobs but my hands are driving me crazy i feeel like no boy wants me becuase of them Sad
|

replied December 30th, 2009
You people need to drop to your knees and thank Almighty God above that your hands and/or feet work somewhat like they should and are the only things wrong with you. You need to go look at some photos of babies born with REAL deformities and just GET OVER IT! Be grateful you even HAVE hands and feet. BTW, I like the way Meercat handles those who comment on her hands. People who comment about perceived physical anomalies of others have NO grace, class or manners and are just simply uncouth oafs who need to be taken down a peg or two.
|

replied December 31st, 2013
Oh thank you, magnificent god, for making me look like a freak! Seriously? We need to thank him for making us feel self conscious about our bodies? If he was up there and he really cared about us we'd all look like super models!
|

replied June 26th, 2010
feet size
SouthernBohemian - people are cruel to other people. We make fun of people for so many silly and stupid reasons. That's not a good enough reason to get surgery to change how you look, but it is an understandable reason.

I have big-ish feet, and have so much trouble finding shoes in my size. That's not a good enough reason to look at getting my feet made smaller, but I'm right on the border of the highest shoe sizes made for women, and I don't see a rash of shoe companies suddenly making a size bigger to suit me.
|

replied August 19th, 2010
big hands
does anyone knows if there any surgery to make big hands look smaller?
|

replied August 22nd, 2010
You really can’t control what others say. Be happy what you were born with!
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied November 6th, 2010
ughh i agreee w. jessica92... im a 18yr old girl im tall [ 5'8 & a half] wear a size 11 shoe -___- & my hands are a lil big .im extremely insecure about it.. like i see other girls who wear smaller sizes & even girls my height that wear like a 7 im like why cant that be me Sad & also in th summer my mom forces me to wear sandals & dresses & i hate it bc i feel like people look &stare at my feet & i jus want to crawl in a hole & never come out smh & plus is there a way to get rid of muscle in my arms? i believe everythin on me got bigger after i got sick w. pneumonia back in 2004 when i was in 7th grade the hospital gave me steriods i only swallowed it 2 times not the whole time i was there - 2weeks- so can this muscle be eliminated bc i hate raising my arms up i notice th muscle pop out & its embarassing bc i feel like a boy when im not >Sad & is there a way to shrink my feet like if i lose weight will this happen?
|

replied November 28th, 2010
Don't feel bad about having big hands and feet
Don't feel bad. I've always been tall for a female (5'9), as if it weren't enough to be that height at the age of 13 years old, I have big feet and hands. I've always been thought of as attractive by men, but some would comment on how big my hands were.

I remember the first time I indirectly heard a nasty remark about how large my feet were from a guy that I met. He was into women with small feet and small hands. It's funny that some people don't realize how hurtful it is and also that we women come in all shapes and sizes with different size feet and hands. We're not all a size 2, with tiny hands and tiny feet.

Ignorance is rampant and common sense is not common and it's apparent in society. I know I've had encounters with random stupid people whom I didn't know, who might say "wow, you have big hands" or even when I encountered the dumbest woman in a Target store, saying "wow, those shoes look big, how did your feet get so big." I truly can't believe how stupid some people truly are. I wonder if it hurts to be that dumb.

For any other woman who have had to endure countless remarks and had to be subjected to the scrutiny of others, realize that the problem is them and not you. You are working with what you were born with and God does not make mistakes. Be thankful you have two hands to hold things with and to do what's necessary like being able to write, drive, bathe yourself, etc. and be thankful you have two feet to be able to walk on your own.
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2011
Re: Make My Hands & Feet Smaller...
jamesguntenaar wrote:
Hi,

I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. You see I am really self conscious about my hands & feet, and I would love to be able to make them smaller and more refined looking (they are kind of fat and crooked). Does anyone know any exercises to change that or am I hopeless?

Crying or Very sad

James

hi james....

h! there....i also have big feet so I'm looking for a solution but I thought i/we should be satisfied what God has given us... and i think you need to do exercises
like jogging...and avoid eating junk foods,meats and foods that making you fat....

nurse

Jhie
|

replied May 19th, 2011
I have large hands and was once asked to leave a ladies toilet because a woman thought I was a transvestite. She told me she could tell because of the size of my hands. I was mortified and spent the next 20 years trying to hide them. I now realise how silly that was and that it was her problem not mine. Concentrate on your good points and try not to worry about it.
|

replied June 8th, 2011
I am a 13 year old girl. i need to know something.. anything, that could possibly make my feet smaller. i have come home from shoe stores with all of my friends with arms full of their shoes. i cry constantly about it and how i am not normal. My feet, size 11.
I don't know what to do. people constantly asking me what shoe size i am , it really brings me down. Kids are cruel, and most people have no manners. one time, a friend of a friend came up to me and just randomly said "wow.. you have huge feet".
what am i supposed to say?! sorry?!
please. any way i can change this, any way.
please.
let.
me.
know.
|

replied September 13th, 2011
As you rightly stated, people can be cruel. Just ignore them. Confidence starts with accepting yourself. There's NOTHING you can do about your feet...but they're YOUR feet. Acknowledge them. Accept them. Embrace them. Even if other people are rude to you about it, ignore them. Its important for you to get to a place where the words and opinions of others (especially people who care NOTHING about you) don't matter to you.

I'm a girl and when I was in the 4th grade, I wore a size ten. So, yeah, I feel your pain. But what I want to tell you is to come to a place where you accept yourself. Kate Winslett, Oprah Winfrey, Tyra Banks, Uma Thurman, Michelle Obama, Meg Ryan and a bunch of other beautiful, intelligent and successful women have large feet. You are beautiful...I really want you to believe this.
|

replied November 28th, 2011
Help for shrinkage of hands and feet
I'm a 14 year old girl
In the 9th grade
And I have big hands
And I'm a size 9 in shoes
It really sucks I mean people
Like to compare hand sizes
And it makes me even more insecure
I go to school and all the girls have small
Hands and have like sizes 3-7 shoes
While me in the other hand has 9
I'm scared to have a boyfriend because
I don't want to hold his hand knowing mines
Is bigger and my feet is bigger too
Sometimes I just wanna die because insecurity
Takes over me!!
Please help!!!
|

replied June 13th, 2011
Short feet.
HI I am 21 years old woman and my feet are very short. The last size footwear we find here is 36 (3 UK size) and my size is 35. Is there ne way that I can make my feet lil bit longer? I spend lots of money in my shopping but I can never find pretty shoes of my size. I still wear converse and sneakers with my dresses. Last time in my sister's wedding I end up wearing a nice Gown with converse. Please help.
|
12 >>