Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Stressed

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
I have not bneen on very much due to this new position and it's kicking my arse. I'm so stressed out right now. I only have 2 people under me and they do all the deliveries/pick ups. Well I got an e-mail from someone in HR that their stuff did not get picked up for the second time and she CC'd it to someone in my company and he escalated it to my boss in Cali Confused . I got an e-mail from him when I came in yesterday asking if it was resolved and that I needed to fill out a problem resolution form. So I did and I had to write both of the people on my team up for not picking up the stuff they were suppose to. AND I had to write ROdney up for sleeping on Wednesday. He fell asleep 3 times and each time I had to tell him to wake up. I felt bad about it but I was told to leave your emotion at home when you come to work. A job is a job and you follow the rules (what a higher up said). So, even though I know he is having problems with his wife and has a second job I had to do it. He said I should have taken him aside first and told him he was coming close to be written up. My opinion is that for 1 he should not be sleeping on the job and 2 I should not have had to tell him 3 times to wake up. It's a given that you don't sleep at work. I got a phone call from his wife today asking me if I could give him a raise and pay him for time that my old boss didn't pay him for.Then he has to get an attitude with me and talk crap about me to the new guy (who just happens to tell me everything he says) and then Rods wife tells me he says all this good stuff about me. She een told me that my old boss talked !**@! about me. nice.I don't trust anyone any more. If they don't like what they get, there's the door buddy.

ugh. . . stress stress and more STRESS! Lord this is getting to me. I really can't have that second job anymore. I mean, i've had this whole week off but the stress is still there and I think if I go back I might break or something.

Sorry this is so long. I just needed to vent.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
that sucks, but yeah you dont sleep on the job and leave all your problems at the house, ive gone to work extremely upset before and had to go outside and sit down fora while cuz i was like on the verge of tears at the register, this was when i was pregnant with my son and livin at my parents house wich i couldnt stand . i tried my darndest to be happy but it wasnt working so i took a breather and stuff then went back to work.
I would sorta hate to be in charge of things and responsible for other people expexcially crappy people that dont do there job right.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
im sorry mel, i love you and if you ever need anything you can pm me Smile or call!!! I hope your job starts getting better SOON.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
It is really ucky when you have to write people up because alot of times more problems start, sometimes you gotta do what you have to do. Whatever happened to teamwork? Are they jealous of you? Just take a deep breath and do your job. I understand, I have totally been there. Sometimes you are better off just being a peon(sp). Don't let it get to you! Feel free to vent anytime! We are here for you!
|

Especially eHealthy
sometimes depending on the problem, you cant just *leave it at home.* If hes having issues at home plus has a second job, its not like he can be like, *Ok, problems go away.* Hes probably doing just as u are.. working himself to death and he's doing what he has to do to support his family. Trust me, trying to weave together a family and ONE job is hard enuf... i cant imagine having 2 jobs plus problems at home.

I agree you prolly should have taken him aside first and spoke to him. No, he shouldnt have talked crap about you, but i mean.. you woulda done the same thing in his situation. i know i would have. I say a lot of things i shouldnt when im angry. he was probably ticked at you for writing him up.. the words were probably out of anger. Especially if his wife says he *usually* speaks very highly of you.

But you did what you felt was right, and thats all you can do.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thanks you guys. Being a pee on is much easier than being the head of everything Sandy!

I understand that you can't just forget your problems but when you bring it into work and it's affecting the whole team, It's my job to straiten things out. I have 2 jobs and so does he. We all have our personal problems and stress but we have to do our job when we are there. I do feel bad for him but I can't show that in my position.

He is mostly upset because he didn't get the job, I'm 30 years younger than him and that I'm not running things like my old boss did. I'm doing what I'm suppose to not what I want.

People at work talk about him falling asleep and when other people need something and come to the room (they don't have access so they have to knock and there is a window to see in) he is sleeping and doesn't hear them. If the VP happens to visit and walks by and sees that, he wont tell me,he'll tell my boss in Cali.

I did tell him that I would take him aside next time and talk with him before I came to the point of writing him up but it wont work.I wrote him up for sleeping yesterday and there he was today, falling asleep. . . . .

thanks for all your replies ladies. I'm at the point where this whole month is coming down on me and I want to cry.
|

Especially eHealthy
hey mel sorry about everything tahts been going on Sad just relax and enjoy your weekend!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Maybe I'm heartless, but if the dude fell asleep 3 times at work and I knew I'd be the one that ultimately got in trouble for it, the guy would be written up. No hand-holding, no taking him aside... none of that. Then again, I probably would have told him the third time I woke him up (which by the way, I'm not his mother) "listen dude, if you need to take a sick day then take it... but you're here to work, not sleep". You can be a bleeding heart all you want, but the people above you aren't going to lose any sleep writing you up because you felt bad for someone else and tried to do them a favor. If you try to be the nice guy, ultimately people will take advantage of you.

I'm curious if he's falling asleep at his other job as well. I'm sure they're not being nearly as patient with him as you're trying to be. If he's having problems at home that's unfortunate, but he needs to find a way to function at work if he wants to keep his job.

I hope your stress levels go down Mel darling! You definitely don't need to be dealing with all of this! Sad
|

Extremely eHealthy
AyaMiyaki wrote:
Maybe I'm heartless, but if the dude fell asleep 3 times at work and I knew I'd be the one that ultimately got in trouble for it, the guy would be written up. No hand-holding, no taking him aside... none of that. Then again, I probably would have told him the third time I woke him up (which by the way, I'm not his mother) "listen dude, if you need to take a sick day then take it... but you're here to work, not sleep". You can be a bleeding heart all you want, but the people above you aren't going to lose any sleep writing you up because you felt bad for someone else and tried to do them a favor. If you try to be the nice guy, ultimately people will take advantage of you.

I'm curious if he's falling asleep at his other job as well. I'm sure they're not being nearly as patient with him as you're trying to be. If he's having problems at home that's unfortunate, but he needs to find a way to function at work if he wants to keep his job.

I hope your stress levels go down Mel darling! You definitely don't need to be dealing with all of this! Sad
THATS WHAT I'M SAYIN'! THANK YOU! I shouldn't have to wake him up.

He can't fall asleep at his other job.He's an umpire Laughing
|

Extremely eHealthy
I have a hard time coming down on people.

I'd be constantly playing all the possible sad stories in my head to justify his behavior.

I'm sorry you are having a stressful time at work Melissa, I really hope it gets better for you.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm not sure what you do, but if someone is falling asleep you have to do what your policy mandates. In many jobs that would be your walking papers, so he should be lucky he only got a write up.
It does suck sometimes to be the boss, but you have to do it the way your boss wants you to. You have to think of it as your their boss, not their friend. If you can stay friendly with them and still do your supervisory duties....Great, but unfortunately that isn't always easy. If you let people get away with things they will expect it all the time and then they'll be doing big no-no's thinking nothing is going to happen.

I'm sure you have better things to do than baby sit your staff.
Everyone has problems from time to time, but you have to leave them at the door.

Good luck and I hope it gets better for you
|