Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Adderall And Ambien

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
Have any of you taken ambien with adderall? I was prescribed 20mg daily. I have learned to manipulate my pills so I don't experience that downhill slide after three hours. I usually will end up taking 30 mg in an eight hour period. When ready for sleep, I take ambien and can be asleep in 20 minutes. What I'm questioning is side effects. The next day after ambien and adderall, I am exhausted until well into the afternoon. I've taken the medication for over six years. It's amazing what can be accomplished when your on the medication. I'm in the medical field and have two small children.
On the other token, I have accomplished less meaningful tasks. I have experienced the exact side affects of every post I've read on adderrall. Withdrawl from family and friends, irritability, and loss of interest in activities. It takes alot to admit addiction to this drug that makes me feel so awesome. But really, we all know it's not good for us. It's such a short term problem fixer. How can I wean off of this crap and not gain a bunch of weight?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank KEDGAR for this post: katie3347