Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Getting Pregnant After Iud Removal (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I was wondering if there was any one who had problems getting pregnant after taking out an IUD, or any help would be nice. I just took mine out and was wondering how long it takes to return to fertility. (Hopefully that makes sense...)

Thanks Embarassed
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile samanthapedroza
|

User Profile
replied August 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I don't know personally but I have read that fertility is supposed to return almost immediately, about as soon as the pill for the mirena IUD (a few months) and almost immediately for the copper one.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I am getting one next week and my doctor gave me some literature. I also read the same thing georgia wrote. It takes longer for most people to get pregnant off the pill than with an IUD.
|
Users who thank ladylee70 for this post: agwata 

User Profile
well i jus got my iud (copper) taken out two weeks ago and where looking for one more child i let you know how long. Laughing
|

replied February 26th, 2009
i got my IUD (copper) taken out 2 years ago and i still have no luck in getting pregnant???
|

replied March 27th, 2009
copper iud removal
i just got my copper iud removed 4/23/09 my ovulation time is also this week so my husband and I are trying to get PG. Is it possible to get pg right after removal of iud?
|

replied April 14th, 2012
iud
I got my iud removed on March 16 2012 and got my period the 20 of March 2012. I should have got my period on the 13 of April 2012 but I still haven't. I would like to know if u got pregnant? And how is it going? I took a pregnancy test on the 13 of March and came out negative I'm really confused so please let me know of you.
|

replied April 22nd, 2012
i had mine taking out the 2nd april 2012 which was also my fertile week i was 3 days late getting my period with preg symtoms but it has come now i was a bit disappointed but not much i can do now it. i asked the nurse when i had mine taken out about periods and pregnancy, she said it sometimes takes your body a little while to recover after having the iud removed,try not to worry to much about getting pregnant straight away it will happen when it is meant to lots of luck i hope you do get pregnant soon
|

replied May 15th, 2012
coil removal
I had the coil taken out on the 21st of april 2011 period is still all over the place was 5 days late last month so delighted thought I was pregnant but no got my period on day 33 ,was expecting my period on the 18 the of may and low and behold I got them on day 24 . I thought at this stage I would be back to normal actually I thought I would be over pregnancy and all by now, I would never advise the coil if you do want more kids, I have an eight year old and a four year old and got pregnant straight away on both could tell when it happened. Hope it works sooner for you good luck
|

replied May 21st, 2012
Was yours a copper iud?
Hi there i just woundered if you had any luck conceiving? i had my copper iud taken out 5 months ago and i cant conceive, ive tried duphaston and even intercourse on my fertile days but no luck. iam 39 and have 2 children so we want to try for the last one. was yours the copper iud?
thanks kate.
|

replied June 17th, 2012
Hi Kate delighted to tell you was due my period 12th may did a test on friday it was positive couldn't believe it as my coil was removed 13 months ago , went to doc am 4weeks 6days gone so delighted hang in there it could take a bit of time
Best of luck
emer
|

replied June 3rd, 2012
I had mine taken out 31 Dec 2010 and have still had no luck getting pregnant. In fact, my OB had to put me on medication twice to start my cycle again. I am super frustrated.
|

replied June 30th, 2009
pregnancy after copper IUD
i had my copper IUD removed 15 months ago and no pregnancy as yet, I am also still bleeding very heavy during menstrution,as I did while the IUD was still in, however this was not the case before having the IUD implanted. Have had all check ups and so far there is no reason why I havnt fallen pregnant. I am interested to know the percentage of successfull pregnancies after removal of copper IUDs.
|

replied June 30th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I know the initial post is old but it is possible to get pregnant soon after removal of a coil - I had my mirena removed in the begining of June 2007 and fell pregnant mid July 2007
|

replied July 6th, 2009
Again, I know this post is old but I had my Mirena removed May 8th of 2009 and had a positive pregnancy test Father's Day, just a little over a month later. Fertility should come back immediately...
|
Users who thank LilysMom2009 for this post: Moo  AshleyMcG 

User Profile
replied August 28th, 2009
getting pregnant after removal
i have had mine out for one year and two months. still not pregnant not sure what is going on.
|

replied September 4th, 2009
15 weeks and confused.
I had mine removed May 27, 2009, here it is 15 weeks later, three negative pregnancy tests and still no period. I did have some spotting that same day and that was it. It doesn't take me long to get pregnant and if I am I will be confused, I don't feel too many symptoms for pg, just breast tenderness a couple of weeks ago for about 4-5 days and that was it. I gave up taking my tests in July and didn't take one since, but could on get pregnant without a period. Confused, still learning, everybody is right, the Doc's need to catch up on some research here. I have an appt for a test at the end of the month, just really confused. Even more so as i read on, but hey, I am just getting married next year, so I guess God willing, it will happen, until then, hope to gain some more insight to this creature that is confusing everybody.
|

replied September 4th, 2009
Whoops, I had my Mirena IUD removed, and not the copper one. Yes, we are trying to get pregnant, at some point, I just didn't expect to have things be this confusing. I am trying to relax and enjoy life, its just a little more complicated now.
|

replied September 25th, 2009
Pregnancy after IUD Removal????
Wow this is really crazy how some of yall have gotten the iud removed with no pregnacy, Well I'm in the boat were i just had mine removed in March 27, of 2009 and still i have not gottrn pregnant, I then contacted my docoter and asked if i were to take the pill if it would help speed things up she said no just give your self six and see what happens know after reading several of the messages makes me wonder. I know a person she said it took her about two years to come out pregnant with the iud removal.
|
Users who thank hayjaybean for this post: Godislove1126 

replied October 23rd, 2009
I had no problem getting pregnant with my first 2 children. But after my second we decided to hold off so I got an IUD. Well, a yr later I got my IUD removed in Jan 09.. and I finally got pg in late Sept.. but I'm spotting and have major cramps. Maybe IUD is better for those not wanting more kids.. I sure enjoyed mine prre-wanting more kids.
|

replied December 23rd, 2009
trying to get pregnant
i removed the iud july 14 th 09 i have a 4 year old little boy to which i had no problems at all getting pregnant ,i decided to put the iud to take a 4 year break , i removed it 5 months ago almost six and still not pregnant..i have had my period pretty much on the regular date which is the 16 latest 18 today is the 23 and i have not had it... i have took 3 pg tests and results are negative .. i dont know whats going on , i am scared that the iud may have some sort of influence now
|

replied January 28th, 2010
I had my IUD removed Sept 29th and we conceived around Dec.25th and will be expecting our 2nd child middle sept! I was very worried in the begining because I wanted to be pg NOW. I have decided after the birth of this child no more birth control until we are done. I am sure all of it is bad news for our reproductive systems. Does anyone have any input on the chances of a multiple preg. after an IUD? Good Luck to all those trying Families!
|

replied February 1st, 2010
Quick Pregnancy After Mirena Removal
I used the Mirena for almost 4 years and loved it. Had it removed September 10, 2009 and got pregnant two months later. First pregnancy and I'm 40 years old. I hadn't even attempted to chart my cycles yet, as my periods were still inconsistent. I think it's just different for everyone.
|

replied June 27th, 2011
May i ask why you got in the first place? 90% of Drs wont let you have Mirena until youve atleast had 1 child already. CONGRATS on the baby so fast though!! Very exciting!
|

replied March 29th, 2010
getting regnant after copper coil removal
hi i got my copper coil which had been in for 14 months taken out 12th march 2010 and fell pregnant straight away, 4 positive tests taken today 29th march!!! cant believe it! soo excited!
|

replied December 7th, 2011
Did you bleed after the removal? I'm hoping to get pregnant right away also. Congrats by the way Smile
|

replied April 6th, 2010
Pregnancy after IUD removal
So I just wanted to take a second to tell my story.. Before I was going to get my IUD taken out (had it for two years), I was on the internet reading other peoples negative experiences and it honestly freaked me out! I was so stressed and scared that I would have problems getting pregnant!.. Well..I got my IUD removed on March 11th and have had 5 possitive pregnancy tests by April 1st. This means that we conceived literally two weeks after my IUD was removed!! I guess the whole purpose of this post is to let you ladies out there know that it is possible! Just relax! Every woman is different, but obviously the IUD does not inhibit you from ovulating or conceiving..

GOOD LUCK! :0)
|

replied March 23rd, 2012
Thanks! This is very encouraging as I just had my copper IUD taken out the 7 of this month and we are trying to get pregnant like, YESTERDAY! Congrats by the way!
|

replied April 6th, 2010
Pregnancy after IUD removal
So I just wanted to take a second to tell my story.. Before I was going to get my IUD taken out (had it for two years), I was on the internet reading other peoples negative experiences and it honestly freaked me out! I was so stressed and scared that I would have problems getting pregnant!.. Well..I got my IUD removed on March 11th and have had 5 possitive pregnancy tests by April 1st. This means that we conceived literally two weeks after my IUD was removed!! I guess the whole purpose of this post is to let you ladies out there know that it is possible! Just relax! Every woman is different, but obviously the IUD does not inhibit you from ovulating or conceiving..

GOOD LUCK! :0)
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2011
I had my last period on oct 6th really heavy lasted a week removed iud on the 26th i supposily should have ovulated somtime approx. the 23rd. did not bleed time of removal spotted the next day for only a couple of hours then afterwards experienced clear discharge?? didnt think i was ovulating my period isnt due till appr. nov 6th on nov 1st I was really wet and discharge was sticky -possibly another sign of ovulation the 3rd and the 4th i associated pinching and pelvic pressure not on the sides but right in the middle havnt got my period yet and i am also really tired easily I took two test on the 28th and on the 1st both negative assumed i was to early but now the pinching and pressure feeling has got me curious again havent tested again yet I wil keep all posted
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2011
i also had the copper iud and had it for two years had my period normally every month each time i had my period experienced normal pms symptoms and period would last app. a week always heavy hope that helps
|

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2011
today I took another test and it was postive I will be calling my doctor tomarro to confirm
|