Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menopause Forum

Late Period

Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
my period is now 13 days late, i know im not pregnant. i feel like ive had pms now for a week. i also have felt cramping for two days but im still not bleeding. i feel horrible and just wish it would come so i can get some peace. why is it so late if im not pregnant? is there anything i can do to bring it on, im feeling horrible here and my poor family is being tortured my my . HELP i should add that i am 42 years old is this perimenopause?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile klk650
|

replied September 18th, 2007
40's
When I was in my 40's that is the way the change started for me. I would go 2 or three months or several weeks and not have a period..then start, be normal for a year the first time...
|

replied September 25th, 2007
No Periods.. For 4 Month's
i am 54 year's old and for the last few year's..i have missed period's for a few months them have one is this normal.. lately i have hot flashes alot...
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2010
over 40, periods all over the place
I am almost 42, and since I hit 40 my periods have been all over the place, sometimes 2 weeks, as long as 7 weeks between each one. Well I have no broke a record 12 weeks, and NO period, three pregnancy test (negative). I have the tell tale signs around the time I was due, but no period. I have also started to get very light headed when I lie down, whether this is related I dont know, but feeling really fed up with this, and was quite worried. So glad other people have the same problems, makes me feel normal.
|

replied June 25th, 2010
Perimenopausal? Unpredictable periods & block-rockin' insani
My wife is 42 & her pds have been all over the place for about a year. Her mood swings are the worst: complain, complain, complain. And NEVER never apologize or acknowledge the impact of the mood swing on me. Perhaps this is no surprise to anyone (M or F) who's been through it, but, pretty much all the time. . . I am wrong & my opinion is neither welcome nor could it possibly be useful.

It's as if you took a Six Flags roller coaster & embellished it with the most insane haunted house effects available...

This is not a woman's curse. This curse is spread around pretty evenly as I see it.
|

replied October 18th, 2010
over 5 weeks and no period
I'm 44 and have had more frequent periods for at least a year now (used to be 28 days or so now more like 23). However, I've just realized it's been about 5.5 weeks or about 38 days since I remember having a period last! Seems weird...my husband noticed it too and he thinks I had all the tell tale PMS signs but it never came.
|

replied January 1st, 2011
I am the same. I expected it on Christmas now it is New years and still has not come. i thought I had all the signs but nothing.
I have not had relations in a few months so not pregnant.
|

replied May 22nd, 2011
I'm definetly going to go see my doctor about this but wanted to know if anyone out there is experiencing this or has experienced it. I'm 44, got my tubes tied about 3 years now after the birth of our last daughter and my cycles run on time for the normal 4-5 days (normal for me) a lot lighter though..and this last period, was of normal flow, nothing unusual there, but only lasted two days. I have moments when I feel like I'm baking in the oven, my cheeks get flushed - then it goes away. No sweating or mood swings - is this the beginning of menopause for me? I am really hoping so because it sure felt good to have a period for just two days! If symptoms are going to get worse - are their any natural alternatives that have helped some of you? Thanks for reading and for your help.

Barb
|

replied August 16th, 2011
Menopause Late Period Advice PLEASE
Im 44 years....and 40 days late on period. Hubby had vasecotomy.....so what happens next...just wait for periods to go away completely? go to doctor and get Menopause tests? I have no idea. HELP.

I do KNOW that at 2pm every day I get the hotflashes...NOT horrible...I just take 5-10 cold showers a day and a strong utility fan and Im happy.

ANY advice would be great....
|

replied October 14th, 2011
im 42 and Im about 40 days late...had my tubes tied 6 years ago. I took several pregnancy test all neg. my stomach feels bloated but have no other symptoms..dont know what to think...in some ways i do ffeel like im pregnant, getting scared something else my be going on..all my life my cycles have been like clock work except for when i was pregnant with my kids..any advice??
|

replied September 9th, 2012
Missed period and regular cycle?
I am almost 48, and am experiencing my first missed period, until 8 days ago have been very regular and even used an ap called iperiod to track my cycles which came in really handy for planning special events , travel, and a recent water park vacation. Now I am just exploring that it might possibly be menopause onset. I have always had hot flashes, even in my 20's so it has not been noticeably different. I am curious if the missed period is just that, or if it changes my cycle completely.
|

replied September 9th, 2012
I am almost 48, and am experiencing my first missed period, until 8 days ago have been very regular and even used an ap called iperiod to track my cycles which came in really handy for planning special events , travel, and a recent water park vacation. Now I am just exploring that it might possibly be menopause onset. I have always had hot flashes, even in my 20's so it has not been noticeably different. I am curious if the missed period is just that, or if it changes my cycle completely.
|

replied June 3rd, 2013
Pms
I'm 47 and my period is 10 days late..not pregnant!! Have the symptoms for my period. I would just like someone to suggest something to take to relieve the symptoms!! Tired of the cramping and bloating!! Never see info on what women take for relief!!!
|

replied June 3rd, 2013
PMS,
The only thing I have found that has given me any relief is bio-identical hormones. Had to have blood work to see where my hormone levels were, and then got the creams to apply everyday.
Every woman is different, and different things work for different people...unfortunately.
When I started peri-menopause, my periods went crazy. I was having them every 2 weeks. Then, after a year or so of that, I stopped having them for 5 months. That is when my doctor finally admitted that I was menopausal. - I was 40 when I started having peri-menopausal symptoms, and my doctor kept telling me that I was too young. Bull.
Good Luck...I wish I had an answer for you.
|