Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Car Seats

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Children with certain health problems may need special car-seat adjustments. To make sure your little one is protected, check out these tips from the automotive safety program.

1low birth-weight/ premature infant:

use an infant-only, rear-facing seat that is designed for your baby’s weight. It should have harnesses at or below her shoulders. Place rolled blankets or towels on both sides of your baby to center her. Do not add padding under or beneath your newborn. Monitor her breathing; if she has problems, your doctor may recommend using a car bed.

2body cast:

if your child is in a cast that prevents him from bending at the hip, you can use either a flat infant car bed, the spelcast convertible seat for children ten to 40 pounds, or the modified e-z on vest for children 2 and older who weigh at least 20 lbs. Do not use a seat that reclines half way.

3spina bifida:

put your child in a car bed or a safety seat that reclines. Some children may continue to need a rear-facing seat after age 1. Older kids may need a special sear from a medical-supply center.

4cerebral palsy:

use a rear-facing seat. When she outgrows it, use a reclining forward-facing seat or a medical seat. Place blankets along her sides.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 19th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Your on a posting role!! Laughing thanks for the info!
|

replied March 19th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I had this saved on my computer, so I am just copying and pasting..
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul