Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Red Bull Energy Drink

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hello, I'm concerned about my boyfriends habit of drinking red bull. He is currently have sever pain in his stomach area. Can red bull cause such pain? Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 8th, 2009
Red Bull is bad
After too long drinking RB, my skin dried out and was red in patches. The stuff's evil.
|

replied February 10th, 2010
RED BULL and STOMACH PAIN
I have been having horrible pain at the top of my stomach and am sure I have an ulcer. I have been drinking two 8 oz cans of sugar-free Red Bull every day for almost 3 years. I realized there might be a connection and stopped 3 days ago. The pain is nearly gone and I am going to my doctor in 2 more days to have it checked out. I also stopped sweating profusely the moment I stopped drinking it. I love the stuff but it is BAD BAD BAD.
|

replied May 23rd, 2010
Abdominal Pain
Guys I uses to drink that stuff all the time, until I was in that much pain that I was crawling on the floor and being rushed to hospital in a ambulance. Red Bull is a horrible drink and I still get some pain in my stomach from it now and this happened 4 years ago! Remember the warning labels are there for a reason
|

replied December 8th, 2010
Red Bull reasoning
I'm reading these, but I'm not seeing any explanations or reasoning here. I occassionally have abdominal pain after drinking a red bull. I drink 1-2 a week at most and the pain set in at least 12-18 hours later. It isn't always and I strive to do all thing sin moderation. I enjoy them and generally drink them as an alternative to coffee. Is the combination an issue as well?
|

replied January 23rd, 2011
RedBull
Heres some Explanations and reasoning for u.. i used to Drink redbull on my exams Perios.. up to 4 a day. thinking it might Help me concentrate.. it totally did . But.. every time i need to focus or concentrate or study i need to drink a redbull now. im trying to shake off this bad habit ,, The chest&stomach pain is a thing i've had. Very Severe Pain comes and disappears and sometimes even wakes me up when im sleeping . i Went to a doctor about this and he said it was an Acid Disorder im My chest or stomach. there was too much acid in there.. so he gave me Pills To take 2 times a day for a month and Gave me an Liquid That balances the acidity and base up there,. after that the pain started to Go away.. coming back sometimes but not as painful... the doctor also told me to eat whenever i feel the pain. it would make it go away
|

replied October 27th, 2011
Red Bull Thins Intestines?
I've been drinking red bull for over 9 years now. In February i was admitted into the hospital for a severe pain in my side. I thought it was appendicitis and so did my doctors. Got a CAT scan and found it it wasnt that. It was diverticulitis. My lower intestine was punctured and that caused an imflammation. Something generally found in seniors. Im 35. Yesterday i started drinking my red bull and it hit me. I think the red bull has thinned my intestines! This is just a thought so I googled it and found this forum. Wondering if im onto something. Hope my red bull isnt slowly killing me but wont rule it out.
|

replied February 13th, 2012
i have been drinking red bull for about 7 years and thought everything was fine.i now have a ulcer but was taking anti inflamitary drugs for arthritis also.the doctors said it was them thats caused it but im not so sure now.thanks for the horror stories.......im a red bull fan
|

replied August 6th, 2013
I concur. Avoid Doan's or magnesium salicylate pain medicine and a Redbull combo. It has my stomach burning every time I my food starts to finish digesting, so i eat right away to sooth the burn. Redbull never made my stomach before, except one time. Also avoid NyQuil and red bull combo. It does not mix well either and caused me a stomach burn that last a few days to weeks but went away quickly the first or second time. Redbull is safe only if you drink it with things that mix well with it and do not cause any damage, especially stomach and digestive problems.
|

replied May 9th, 2013
Slow Down
I have been drinking multipule energy drinks for 10+ years majority of them are red bull as it is my preferred drink and I am fine if you abuse them and drink them for breakfast with no food in your stomach or drink for then a 8.4 oz a day I can see this happening but it looks like everyone above is probably abusing them and not using them for there real purpose energy when you need it not breakfast in the morning or something to hydrate your body. I'm not trying to be an ass I am just simple showing that its like any other energy drink or drug or alcohol it is fine in moderation but should not be done continuously.
|

replied November 10th, 2013
I was on four cans of red bull a day for two years, even though it was partially because of previous problems, I developed a stomach ulcer and the only time the pain was severe was when I drank red bull. The high caffeine count is very dangerous when having stomach issues or an ulcer. I've stopped now and have started taking my treatment.
|