Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Ear Bleeding In Pregnancy

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I'm jenny and i am 33 weeks pregnant this morning i woke up and when i was cleaning my ears i realized i had light bleeding in the left one... once i got to thinking about it i was having some issues with hearing out of it for probably the last month off and on. I dont think that the pregnancy and the bleeding is in any way related but i want to make sure does anyone have any advice before i seek professional consultation????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
it probably isnt pregnancy related but you will have to get in touch with your obgyn when you go see your dr about your ear in case they prescribe you meds and such theyd wanna talk with you obgyn as well. But definately see a dr as soon as possible since you were havign hearing problems in that ear as well, for all you know you coulda popped your ear drum who knows. make sure to tell your dr about your hearing problems!
|

Especially eHealthy
some times women get gum and nose bleeds during pregnancy but im not sure about ear bleeding? maybe you should check in with your doctor to see what they think about it?
|

Thanks
Thank you so much for the advice talking to the dr they said it could be a number of things including ear infections or ruptured ear drum but they want me in asap thanks again for the advice!!!
|

replied June 5th, 2010
Im 29 weeks pragnant, Just woke up form a nap and my ear also had a little bit of blood in it... My gums bleed some times, but this has never happend before. I did notice when i lye on my right side and wake up my ear is very sencitive.
|