Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Bleeding After Sex For 3 Days? What to Think?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hello. Im almost 21 years old. Been on birthcontrol for a few years. been on loestgroin 24 for about 3 or 4 months now. I love it actualy...had made my periods so much better.

Well about a week ago and had sex and started bleeding afterwards. it wasnt a lot and didnt last very long. It was the day after i had just stopped my period so i did not think any thing of it.

well i had sex sunday and i started bleeding again. Today is tuesday and it still has not stopped. Its only been a little over a week since my last period so i did not think it could be that. ALso i have cramps and it just hurts. Its pretty heavy at times...(like a period would be)..then itll lighten up.

What should I think? SHould i be worried? PLease help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I'm thinking a couple things...

first of all, when you have sex near the time of your period, often the uterine contractions from orgasm will push some blood out (even if you thought you were done). This happens to me all the time, as I have no qualms about having sex during my period lol.

secondly, it's really easy to tear or scratch the vaginal walls during sex or foreplay, and if you use tampons a lot of times they dry out the vagina so maybe you aren't as well lubricated as usual?

But since you are also having cramps and stuff, I would go so far as to say that it's not related to the sex you're having lol. I mean, maybe the first time it was, but this second time seems different because it's heavier and is accompanied by cramps. Bleeding from sex is common, but not heavy bleeding and not cramps.

If sex continues to make you bleed, you should see a doctor. It can be indicative of other conditions.

I hope that helped at all.....
|
Did you find this post helpful?