Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Why Do I Get Like This?

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
User Profile
Recently I have been getting worked up and irritated really easily and have outbursts on myself. I'm 19 and female so I know it might be related to hormones or the pill I'm on... but its only recently I seem to be getting worse and I cant help ripping my hair out and hitting myself and banging my head against the wall... Oh my god I know how this sounds Sad I'm not crazy. I'm a down to earth person and chilled out most of the time and would never hurt anyone else. Of course I've always had my little strops, but once a month or so (not nessesarily around my period) I just flip even though I'm trying so hard not to.

Is this normal PMT?? Or should I see someone about it?

Thanks for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
it sounds like this is the only way you know how to control your anger or feelings. its easy to get into a rut once you start doing this. but conselling would help alot. it'll help with your emotions and what to do about them x
|

User Profile
replied August 24th, 2007
Thanks for your helpful comment Smile
|

User Profile
replied August 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
your welcome and i hope thingd get better in time. talking helps alot, so if you need to talk to someone im always here. x
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2007
Experienced User
"would never hurt anyone else."
hurting yourself is just as bad sweetie. Smile
|