Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sinusitis Forum

Chronic Sinus Infections....what Do I Do?

Must Read
Do you have a cold or a sinus infection? Learn the difference plus more info on different types of sinus infections (sinusitis) here....
What can cause a short-term or long-term case of sinus infection? We review both. Learn how to avoid the risk of developing an infection in this section....
What are the first signs that you have trouble with your sinuses? Learn to identify a sinus infection early ... plus know when you should seek medical help....
User Profile
I have been having chronic sinus infections. I stopped going to the doctor for all of them because I am sick of taking antibiotics. I have lately been taking echinacia (herbal) when I start to feel it coming on and w/in 2 days its gone. But why do I keep getting them chronically? Is there a surgery they can do? Somethign more wrong with me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
Ahhh thanks a million! I am going to give that a try tomorrow when the pharmacy opens. I know I completely get rid of the infection because they are months apart and I have no symptoms whatsoever in between. But I will def. Give that a try. Thanks.
|

replied April 2nd, 2004
:d
|

replied April 2nd, 2004
Jaydensmommy
Hi...I read your post about chronic sinus infections... And I have the same problem...They come and go with in just a few months of eachother and are hard to get rid of intil I finally go on antibiotics...Im going nuts...I just joined and I tried to read what you had replied to (when you said ..."ah thaks a million) can you help me? Im trying to get some advice - what are you getting at the pharmacy? Thank you nanci
|

replied May 11th, 2004
Alternative For Sinus Headaches And Chronic Infections
Hi nanci,

incorporating the use of therapeutic essential oils may provide relief. Single oils include: rosemary, tea tree (melaleuca), eucalyptus, lavender, lemon, geranium.

Sinus headache blend:
5 drops tea tree (melaleuca)
9 drops rosemary
2 drops bergamot
7 drops lavender
3 drops lemon
4 drops geranium

you can combine these oils and diffuse them with an aromatherapy diffuser. It is recommended to diffuse for 10 minutes, 2-5 times daily and at night.

Dietary supplements that may assist you would include vitamins a and c.

You might want to consider using a colon cleansing product. This would remove toxins thay may be causing your headaches.

Try self massage. By applying pressure to specific areas of the head, you can open up the sinuses and ease tension. Rub the area surrounding the bones just above and below the eyes, and massage the cheeks directly in line with these points. Lean your head forward slightly to facilitate nasal drainage. Applying heat to the sinuses can also be beneficial.

If you have any questions or need additional info, drop me a private message. I'd be happy to help you locate products which can help you feel good again!

Be well,
kathy
|

replied June 9th, 2004
Processed Sugar And Dairy
I have horrible chronic sinus infections. When one starts coming on I make a sinus rinse using a tsp of salt to one cup of warm water. I suck up the combination with a baby bulb syringe bought at the pharmacy. Only one squirt per nasal passage because more than that can irritate the tissues.

Also, I have found that if I eat too much sugar, ie cookies, cake, ice cream and everything else I like, and too much dairy like milk and cheese, my sinus infections get worse. I went over a month not eating any of this stuff and the sinus infections went away. However when I went on vacation to amsterdam I ate everything in sight that was yummy. When I returned home I had a really bad infection that took a month to finally get rid of. Now i'm trying to wean myself back off the sugar and dairy. This might be something you could give a try!

Horselvr
|

replied July 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Re: Chronic Sinus Infection
Homeopathic medicine has good remedies to get rid of sinusitis and give you relief from nasal blocking,s neezings, nasal discharge, heaviness of the head , dullness, inabililty to concentrate on your work etc.
Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|

replied October 8th, 2004
Health Supplement
Allergies could be due to depleted/weaken immune system and depleted antioxidant defense system.

I am taking some health supplement.
I had tried the antioxidant supplement. I feel better at times and can breathe better. I will try the nutritional supplement soon.

You can give it a try. Pm me if you want the necessary information.
|