Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Getting Dentures While Pregnant

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Should I get the dentures?
YES
NO
MAYBE
100%  100%  [ 1 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1
I currently 12 weeks pregnant with my 4th child and final child. My aunt has offered to pay for dentures. She is doing it has a wedding present; I am getting married on 9-29-2007. The problem is that my whole family including my aunt has no idea that I am pregnant. I am worried about my unborn childs health during this procedure. I only have 10 teeth on the top, all of which are in really bad shape. I have dreamed about having perfect teeth all of my life and do not want to pass up this wonderful offer. Can anyone offer any advise on my problem? I am really conflicted on what to do; we do not plan on telling anyone about the pregnancy until I am further along because of the risk of miscarriage in this one is really high. My future husband is behind me 100%. I have had teeth pulled during my other pregnancys, but it was just one or two and I was further along in the pregnancy than I am now!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
you should, of course, ask your doctor if the medicine would be ok. And, if you do get them, don't forget to tell your dentist that you are pregnant, he may know more than your doctor about the type of drugs.
|

User Profile
replied September 1st, 2007
Supporter
Congratulations Mommy!~
Congrats on your upcoming wedding and your pregnancy. If I were you, I would call and get "several" dentist opinion on pulling all of your teeth at once while pregnant, in order to get dentures. I totally understand you are wanting to look specail for your day, but if would be the of this baby to this baby, you just have to kinda smile and not show teeth. Beauty come fro the inside..............You have to have your mouth "deadend' in order to pull teeth andI'm not really sure what effect this medication could have on a baby. This baby will be worthing waiting for if it comes down to getting dentures or not ricking he health of this child! Good luck~
|