Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Swollen Lip Cold Sore

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
A couple of days ago I received a huge swollen lip, which I think to be some airborne or food allergy. A day or so later, I now have a cold sore in the same spot. However, when it was swollen there was no redness or sign of a cold sore. Are they connected? And do you think it was an actual allergic reaction? The only thing I know I am allergic to is ceclor, and I have had testings in the past. What do you all think?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Have you gotten cold sores in the past?
|

replied August 21st, 2007
Yes, I have the cold sore virus.
|

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Cold sores occur when your immune system is low as a result of a recurring virus expressing itself, not as a result of an allergy. I would assume that the two events are not related.
|