Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Bloated Stomach, Light Colored Stool..worried Student (Page 1)

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hi everyone i'm new here,
but I really hope someone can help..
I have been feeling unwell for about 5-6months now and am getting increasingly worried..At first it was just feeling tired all the time, and being really constipated, but I then started putting weight on (25 pounds), and my stomach became like a volleyball (literally) some days it would just look pudgy, but others it swells to such an extent that I can't fasten my pants, and it just feels like it's going to burst. I"ve also had niggly aches in my stomach, on and of, and sometimes there so stabbing ,but just as quickly disapear...For the last month I thought things were imrpoving as my stomach is definitely pudgy, but at least it wasn't swelling like before..But they're not I now go weeks without passing anything until I actually feel like it's going to come up the other way(i know i'm being graphic),so have resorted to taking laxatives, as this the only way I have been able to pass anything...Eventhough I eat heathly my weight is still creeping up, the simplest things tire me out, and now i've noticed that what I do manage to pass is yellow...I'm just really worried that somethings really wrong, and all this is starting to affect my college work...I know I should see a dr, but when I tried all I got was some antacids, and some laxative, and felt like I was wasting their time. Has anyone experience similar symptoms? I just feel like i'm imagining things?? Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 18th, 2004
Experienced User
Re: Bloated Stomach, Light Colored Stool..worried Student
Hey, please don't feel like you are wasting there time, that is what they get paid for. It definately doesnt sound normal, I can tell ya that, my daughter has been extremely constipated, so bad that it was built up behind her rib cage, she is always saying her stomach hurts, and the doctor told me to use mineral oil for her, mix 2 tablespoons with 8 ounces of grape juice, and put it in a blinder, it makes a smoothie for them to drink.. Maybe this is all that is wrong with you. As for the laxitives, I wouldnt take anymore, I would go with something more natural such as the mineral oil, and if this doesnt help, well, I would probably get another doctor and have them do xrays etc... Good luck.. Sandi
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
Your problem sounds like its gotten worse since you have last seen your doc. He probably thought it was something different that is why he gave you antacids and laxatives, but he was obviously wrong. Your supposed to go back if what he gives you dosen't help. And like sammi said...That is what they get paid for. Please see the doc. Waste from your intestines that gets stuck can cause really really bad problems. Feces secret toxins if they are left in your body. You could possibly need an enema. You could try one from your local pharmacy, but better yet see your doctor. Maybe you need a colonoscopy..(i think thats what its called) when they flush out your intestines.
|

replied March 28th, 2004
Sad
thanks everyone for you replies, I have seen the doctor, who's given me domperidone for the feeling of fullness. But when I explained my other symptoms, and how tired I felt compared to my usual self, all I got was I was too perky and young to be tired, and looked healthy ( gaining 25 pounds will do that to you Laughing ) no blood test or possiblity of what else it could be. Anyways have been taken the pills 3 times a day for over a week now, and for the first couple of days , I thought ok he may be right, but i'm back to were I started now. I do have another appointment scheduled next week to see how things are going, but i'm really starting to think what's the point. What makes things worse is that i've put on another couple of pounds, consedering that the amount I eat has been completly reduced..And now for the gross bit, I have gone back to rabit pellet poo, but now it's full of muscus, and the few times that I have been, there has been traces of blood.... Am I just making too much of it all? Maybe he's right, i'm to young for it to be anything more serious then constipation Rolling Eyes
|

replied March 28th, 2004
Experienced User
Stomach Or Colon
Has your doctor checked for irritable bowel symdrome or an obstruction in your bowel. I think you may need what they call a colonoscopy. You get a tube like thing up and one down to take pictures. Try a second opinion or a doctor that specializes in gastric problems. Good luck,sandy Wink
|

replied March 29th, 2004
Your symptoms don't at all sound normal. If your Dr. Isn't taking you seriously, you need to see someone else! This just doesn't seem like something I would mess around with! I would insist that he do tests, (blood work, colonoscopy, etc.) if he won't do that, it's time to go to someone else. If you need a referal, ask him, if he is any kind of a Dr. He will give you one! After all, its your health, and you should find out what is going on. Good luck, hope it all works out for you! Shasy
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Have You Tried This?
Hi there! You might try some magnesium citrate as that is what they give you most of the time if you go in the hospital or before a colonoscopy to make sure you are cleaned out and you do drink it and it does taste horrible but it generally works for most and it is an over the counter med you can find it at most stores and pharmacys. I hope this has helped! And don't wait until it is too late! Remember too that straining can make you bleed and stress does not help and not eating is not helping that can really make you sicker just give this stuff a try as it is not expensive!

Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied April 1st, 2004
Finally got my blood test...Went to see a different dr on monday as was feelling worse then usual, and because I had weighted myself at the hospital I work @ only to find that I had gained another 9 pounds within the last 12-14 days...This dr took one look @ me and sent me off for a blood test Laughing don't know wether to be offended or not about that one Laughing .... Am patiently waiting now, hoping that I will start feeling better soon. I will try the mg citrate, once my blood test are in, which should be by the end of the week monday at the latest. Thanks to all of you for your support. You don't know how much it means to me... Will keep you posted...Fingerss crossed if anything does show up it won't be too serious Rolling Eyes
|

replied April 15th, 2004
Hi everyone, I finally went in for my blood test results. And all is normal, apart from lightly low red & white blood cell count. Don't know wheter to be happy or not as am not feeling any better. My weight is still creeping up, if I gain any more wait I won't have a neeck left pretty soon Laughing {knew there had to be a downside to being short)...Dr. Has finally admitted that he doesn't have a clue (now how often does that happen Smile ) so he's sending me to have an ultrasound and an uper gi series
i'm just tired of feeling so tired and bloted all the time,...The dr even suggested pregnancy, which completly baffled me as haven't missed a period or anything (well, until now Embarassed i'm a week late) and haven't had sex since january Shocked Laughing .... I'm at a lost i've had so much time off work because of this, and it's not like me at all....
Thank you everyone for your support and ideas, they have helped me feel less like an oddball
will keep you posted....
|

replied May 31st, 2004
Same Symptoms
I have most of the same symptoms that you do. I have been to the doctor and have had blood tests - everything normal. Please keep me posted on your progress and I will let you know what I find out. Good luck!
|

replied June 7th, 2004
Colon Cleansing?
I have the same problem, I even went to the hospital when I was younger because none of the doctors could figure it out. And they did a cat scan and found the my intestine was completely full and the pain was horrible it felt like someone stabbing a knife in me and twisting it. But you need to have lots of fiber and metamucil (i dont know how to spell it) works. Have you tried a colon cleansing? Its in the health food section of any grocery store and its all natural and theres all different kinds you can take. You should look up information on it, because I bet if you did it, it would help a lot. I tried the 7 day quick cleanse and I felt sooo much better. And when you do the colon cleanse it helps you loose weight and makes you healthier, because it gets rid of all the icky stuff in your body and you get rid of all the poo. Laughing good luck, hope you feel better!
Cowgirl03
|

replied July 20th, 2004
Poos
Hi from perth western australia

re stomach & poo problems
highley recomend this
when you get up have a large glass of lo fat milk (or any thing cold)with three heaped teaspoons of psyllium husks stirred in and downed quickly. You do get used to the husks eventually. They are available from health food stores and some supermarkets. Some people just sprinkle the husks over their cereal or porridge.

Later youcan have a small tub of low fat yoghurt, any flavour or plain if you prefer. Then through the day I eat as much fruit as you really feel like, and I mean "feel like"... If you’re not hungry don’t eat. Snack on any fruit... But you might as well spoil yourself and go for mangoes, nashi pears, papaya etc etc.

In the afternoon when you start to feel a bit hungry, have a platter of nibblies... Olives, semi sun dried tomatoes, various dips, avoiding the creamy ones, and a "vat" of wine if you like.

For dinner, heaps of veggies and salads, and try to stick with white meat and fish, if you really want a red flesh pig out, go for it occasionally.

One day on the weekend you can have a nosh up breckie if you want eggs bacon hashbrowns etc

not only will you become regular but you will lose weight
more psyllium husks can be taken at dinner if required

good luck
|

replied July 30th, 2004
Well I don't know if your still having problems or not but prior too all your problems were you on any anitbiotics? Did they do a stool sample on you at all? Let me know cause there is something called c difficile that you should be checkedfor.
|

replied July 30th, 2004
Well I don't know if your still having problems or not but prior too all your problems were you on any anitbiotics? Did they do a stool sample on you at all? Let me know cause there is something called c difficile that you should be checkedfor.
|

replied August 24th, 2009
I am no doctor girls but I play one on television. lol. Obviously this doctor you have is too busy straightening his tie to pay attention to you or use his degree in anyway whatsoever.

You are eating and you are not shitting. You liver is working somewhat because you ae functioning. However judging by how many times you mentioned how tired you are its not working properly with all the backup in your system.

There is a problem with you digestive track. You are not passing, and if you don't pass you will be possioned via the shutting down of your liver. I am no genuis I am in fact a construction working and thats appearently is better than an blind air-brain doctor.

You need some sort of minor proceedure to force the toxic solid feces out of you cute little hot body. Manually. A surgical enema.

I would also let the doctor know that you parents are worried like crazy and have contacted a lawyer.
Michael

Good luck babe
|

replied October 24th, 2009
I am a freshman at college also and have the same problems as you for a year but I am losing weight. I have had many tests also and everything turned out normal except for low iron and a 53% emptying food rate. I have also taken domperidone and a whole bunch of other medicines that didn't help. They have diagnosed me as having gastroparesis. I have too much stool stuck in me too and have tried enimas which were painful and didn't help. Getting a colon clense might help. It made me feel so much better until I started eating again. I take miralax and liquid vitamins which kinda help. Keep me updated.
|

replied October 26th, 2009
I am new to this website and registered just a couple of minutes back.

Hello to everyone.

Well, i also seem to have a similar problem. I pass stool everyday without fail but not completely as i never feel relieved.I feel as though theres still a lots inside my intestine.Sometimes i do have a pricky feeling on my right side and the stomach grows like a pouch. I also feel tired soon and sleep a lot and feel uncomfortable. This usually happens 10 days before the beginning of my menstrual cycle . Pls help me?

Anu
|

replied May 30th, 2010
Tummy Trouble
I am an RN in a midwest hospital. I had a Gastric by pass 25 years ago, and all has been going well until about a year ago. I began to feel bloated and gaining weight, and my bowels really slowed down. I have gained 30 lbs and feel very frustrated. I had a small bowel follow through, which showed that the stomach contents were flowing through rapidly as expected, but still the symptoms persist. I saw a GI specalist who sat across the room from me and typed on his laptop, never once eyeballing me or touching me at all. Not going back there. I will follow up w/ primary doc and see about a colonoscopy. Somethings clearly wrong. Will try to keep ya'll posted.
|

replied June 7th, 2010
Hi Guys I have the same problem as the bloated stomach and feel like someones sitting on my stomach and when i touch the sides it hurts a little bit. i went and got an x-ray a while back and they said there was alot of stuff there so use prune juice to flush it out. I drank it by the litre and it still didnt really help the problem.

It all started when i thought i had cylamdia i went and got checked out and they said nothing, then they said urinal infection but nothing. They said the urethra might be closed a little causing everything to clog up but i went and got a camera down my p-hole today in hospital and NOTHING.

its really annoying its like ure bowels arnt moving, and u go to the toilet to do number 2 and u want to go again in like 10 minutes.

I just read all of the reports on this site and just ordered the colon cleansing kit for $150. I am trying everything i can. Every doctor is saying nothing is wrong with me and the hospital said today. sometimes in life there are problems and we just dont know what they are. I said im telling you what they are.

I understand the doctor probably doesnt know either so its doing trail and error with everything but its annoying that the facts remains its been a year and this problem is still here.

if anyone finds the Cure to bloated stomach and all these problems please help me out

thank you
|

replied June 27th, 2010
listen, what you are talking about is not normal. It sounds like your gallbladder. I was having the bloating and full feeling before I had mine out...yellow poop could be undigested bile or infection. You need to make an apointment to look at your gallbladder. My bloating has dissapeared after I had mine out. Don't diagnose yourself, it's not your colon, you don't need to be flushed, you need to speak to your doctor. Gallbladder having to be removed is something that goes hand in hand with GB. When they looked at mine with ultra sound they saw little stones, no clogs in duct...when they removed it...LOL! They said it was VERY inflamed and I had VERY large stones!
|
12 >>
Quick Reply