Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Aching Testicles

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I have noticed this since about a year ago. Any sexual activity and even kissing sometimes ends up in my testicles aching later on that day. I know of "blue balls" but masturbation doesn't help. The pain is a sensitive ache in my testicles and veins attached that usually goes away after a few hours. Is this just a case of blue balls or should i see a doctor?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 19th, 2007
Experienced User
I don't see any harm in seeing a doctor especially if this has been going on for some time or presists. If it goes away on its own, then I wouldn't worry about it. But for now, with the information you provided, I would see a doctor.
|

User Profile
replied August 19th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Doctor
Yes, see a doctor just to be safe. I agree with Dave01 that if this has been going on for a while, then get it checked out.

The symptoms you listed do sound like it could involve blue balls. But you probably shouldn't get this aching so often unless your gf or partner never allows you to finish.
|

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2007
From Wikipedia:

------------------------------------------ ---------------------------

The cause is the prolonged sexual stimulation of the erect penis (intentional or unintentional), either by direct or indirect contact, that does not result in orgasm and ejaculation. This can, in some circumstances, be a consensual sexual act as part of erotic sexual denial.

During arousal in a sexually mature male, the parasympathetic nervous system increases its inputs to the genital tissues, resulting in increased blood flow to the testicles and prostate areas. As this happens, other fluid outflow muscles constrict, causing less bodily fluid to leave the area than enter, ensuring a high enough regional blood pressure to allow a sustained erection for penetration during sexual intercourse.

If orgasm is not achieved, blood and lymphatic fluid tend to pool, and the blood becomes oxygen-deprived. The technical term for this is vasocongestion. It can be extremely painful, like a hit to the testicles, but from the inside.

Some men may deprive themselves of an orgasm purposely, to prolong sexual activity, etc. Their sexual partner may also request that they refrain from ejaculation for a longer period to increase their duration of sex (or mutual satisfaction of both partners). If this is the case, massaging the testicles or using a vibrator on the testicles during the prolonged sexual activity may prevent the blood from pooling and actually prevent or decrease the severity of blue balls. Some men have also learned and practiced methods prolonging ejaculation for a stronger and more satisfying orgasm.[1]

Men with priapism or orchalgia may experience an extreme, prolonged form of blue balls, which may require medical attention

------------------------------------------ ---------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_balls
|